Friday, July 27, 2007

On the Hunt Again

It never ceases to amaze me, the lengths some people will go to to stir up trouble for others. It's even more mind boggling to see this happen to someone you know is goodhearted, and has always been out to help and share her knowledge with others.

I can't help but wonder, in our small community, do people really feel that secure behind their internet persona that they feel so free to create this kind of bad vibe? Do they honestly think they'll never run into the person they have so much fun gossiping about at a conference? What kind of bullshit sugar coated facade will they show then? Petty, petty, petty...

I have done what I can to comfort a friend today, and it just sickens me to see this sort of thing in action. What's the point? It's not going to help you win that contract, or finish your wip. It's not going to jumpstart your career or slam anyone elses. It reeks of childish, hateful snickering behind hands. I bet if any of these people met her face to face, they'd smile and hug her, "Oh! It's so nice to meet you!" *snort*

I hope anyone that might bear me ill would never, ever be so witless to do that with me. I would not hesitate to tell someone what I think of them in just such a circumstance. Thankfully my friend is a much better woman than I am. She is far more gracious on these matters. I know I could take a lesson from her.

I only hope in the near future, the x3 rule of karma and gossip lands smack on the ASS of some of these people, who in my opinion need to get a hobby if their writing can't keep them busy enough.

On another note, Hubby and I are plotting a suprise trip for the boys. Oldest starts arts camp this weekend, so he will be out of the house. But once he returns we are going to take a trip up to Hot Springs. Woot! We're also considering taking them out the diamond mines to dig for a spell. Mini likes playing in the dirt, and Oldest has been itching to try a little diamond prospecting. It should be fun!

This weekend Hubby and I will take Mini to the watermelon festival if it doesn't rain, and there are a few houses over by the lake we hope to walk through. I'll post pictures if we find anything of interest.

In the meantime, I have been working on my wip. This is by far the most unique story I've ever worked on - these demons. I hope readers will be able to identify with the characters, who are admittedly a little out of the norm. I know my demon character is approachable. I feel most comfortable with him. I may still tweak my heroine's personality a bit. It all remains to be seen.

Onward the weekend! No great plans this way - just driving here and abouts. I have friends (and blog friends) who do fun stuff like karaoke and dancing. It sounds like fun. Maybe hubby and I will have to look up some friends one weekend and go do something radical. (For us at least! *LOL*)

That's it for me today. I'm about to go outside and paint this awesome wicker chair I found at an antique store today. Woot! I've been wanting one of these for a while. It's in fabulous shape, no busted wicker. I just needs a bit of paint and some new cushions. What a fun find! I'll post pics once I've restored it.

Happy weekend, everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Huh. :( It makes me terribly upset that someone has been hurt due to another incident of internet induced snarkiness/gossip. I hate how some people feel that screen they sit in front of somehow shields them from the real world. Why? Why would you say something on the net that you wouldn't say to someone's face?! *sigh* It's little things like that that make me grateful to stick to such a small group.

    Sometimes I feel... eh, maybe you should try and be more social, spread your wings, meet new authors. Then I'm like... uh... no, you're good. The people you're around are genuine and kind. Why go looking for trouble, you know? Especially because although I don't like confrontation, if a situation comes up where I get heated... well... I'm Puerto Rican, once I'm mad that latin passion gets me to say things I know I later regret.

    On a lighter note, I'm really excited about your WIP progress. It seems to me you're genuinely bonding with your characters! YAY! :D Don't worry too much about making them relatable. Strangely enough, if you find them fascinating, chances are we will too. As long as they're 3dimensional, we'll latch on. ;) I happen to be guilty of loving those characters everyone hates. LOL Particularly because they're so well written. Side note there. Ha, ha.

    Man, if I lived closer to you, I'd totally take you and your hubby out for some wicked karaoke. ;) Ha! Wouldn't that be a total blast? It'd be a wild time, that's for sure. If you do go out and party, you're going to have to post pics and tell us all about your travels! Theyre so much fun to read.

    Have a great weekend hun! *sorry about the really long reply. I'm babbling today*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.