Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Lunch Break

I'm behind on my blogging rounds, and I apologize for that. Especially to those who I regularly visit and read. If it's not the persistent rain meddling with my connection, it's house hunting, or writing.

I have been working my tail off for the past few days. I've been working on two wips at once, hitting up one story when the other seems to slow. Both of them have to be finished by the end of the summer. I want them both to be the best they can be, but it's not easy to find those little hidden moments throughout the day to sneak in a fifteen minute writing jag. On the upside, both stories are progressing nicely, even though it's not typically my way to write - two at once. I'd much rather focus on one at a time, but some writing is better than no writing so I'm not going to complain.

Hubby and I have expanded the house search to another area. I swore I'd never move back to my old home town, but we found a house for sale there that may make me reconsider that. From the pics I've seen, it has an awesome kitchen and living space, and has an deck that's to die for. I'd really like to take a stroll through the place. It's only 3 bedrooms, but it's 5k square feet so I'm sure we could either section off one of the dens, or take the office area and convert it into a bedroom if we actually ended up with a place like that. I would be at no loss to do something that kind of simple remodeling - I have an office here that I never use. I always write in the den, bedroom, or dining room.

Am I the only person that does that? Writes everywhere BUT the office?

There is also another house in my old home town we've considered requesting for a walk through. It's closer to 3k square feet, but it has five bedrooms. I am curious to know how small the bedrooms are, because really, that's a key feature for us. We need three bedrooms at least - one for us, one for each of the boys. But I also like having a room for my books, dolls, art supplies, yarn and all that. (What we actually call the home office...)With that additional fifth bedroom, we could have a nursery on standby, and not have to worry about rearranging or remodeling when and if the stork visits again. So that's a big plus for that house.

It's a lot to think about, and my brain is very, very tired. This house hunt has been going strong for longer than we'd hoped. My parents have until the end of the year to move out (allegedly - I've seen no proof of this and wouldn't be shocked if they received a MOVE NOW notice any day) but I'd hoped to have everything settled by late August, or early September. It doesn't look like that's going to happen, though. Ho hum. I really didn't want to have to move Oldest once the school year starts.

Well, I should really get back to work. No work, means I can't take time out to play later. LOL!

I hope you all have a snazzy Tuesday. :)

4 comments:

  1. I just moved and set aside one of the rooms for an office, but my kids sort of took it over and I've never actually gotten to use it once. lol I'm at the laptop on the kitchen table at the moment.

    I hope you find the dream house real soon, Cora. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got an office in my new house. It's all so cool! I painted my desk, the old file cabinets and the closet doors in bright colors (yellow, red, green, blue). It's pretty weird. Hahaha!

    I hope you find the house you're looking for. I know how hard it's to find that "dream house." I'm keeping candles lit for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I write in the office, but elsewhere too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you've been working really hard. Man, I truly admire your determination and work ethic. I really wish I coudl be as stern with myself. I made a goal for the end of summer to finish my WIP and I've already told myself I won't do it. I should just try harder.

    The house search sounds exciting! Two new places are positive, even if not where you expected them, you know?! Let us know! I really hope you get the one you want most. :D

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^