Tuesday, July 10, 2007

8 pm Post

It's been a long, trying day. Hubby and I spent most of it wrangling the realtor over the house we're making a bid for. Where the hell are the realtors hiding out anyway? Why is it you can never reach them until you leave them a message that you're about to find a new realtor?

I did have a fantabulous chat today with my moon sisters Tempest Knight and Cassandra Curtis, though. That put me in good spirits. We've been cooking up some fun new things for the Midnight Moon Cafe celebration this month. Speaking of which, this week there'll be a Midnight Brew featuring Naomi Bellis, and we'll also be giving away more fun prizes. Tomorrow we're doing the drawings for a free box of SOHO chocolates, and a Picasso scarf. Then later in the week, (Saturday the 14th) there will be a tarot chat in the MMC chat room. We'll be giving away free tarot and hydromancy readings, as well as a few books. A free copy of Dominant Territory will be among the prizes. It's going to be lots of fun. ^_^

Fun things aside, tomorrow hubby and I are scheduled for more wrangling with the realtor. They keep dragging this shit on, not giving us a straight answer. Today hubby finally reached realtor #2 in her office, and we are supposed to have our walk through at 11am tomorrow. We'll see. This will be the second time we've had a near miss if they don't show. At which point, I think we'll have to look elsewhere. Whoever moves and where ever we go, we need to be settled in by the end of August at the latest.

Writing things...

The demons are progressing nicely. I wrote 800 words last night, and was too tired to keep going. I finally see the end in site. This script will definitely be my final. I'm sure my publisher will be glad - if they still want the darn thing since they've had to wait so long!

Today's pic was taken in our front yard last night. I thought it was around 7 or 8 only to look up at the clock and realize it's 9pm. Wow! 9pm and still daylight out? I had to go take a pic of that.

That's my Tuesday and I'm sticking to it. I hope your day was a good one!

4 comments:

  1. I always feel like a lazy bum when I read your blog. You do such a great job of writing religiously that it half inspires me and half makes me think of what a bum I am. I hope the realtors pull through for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEAUTIFUL pic, Cora. Stunning really. I love nights like that. Just can't believe it was 9pm. That's really late.

    I'm sorry those realtors and the bankers, and everyone else involved in this home search arent being more supportive. Seriously, it's hard enough to make these sort of moves, they're not helping. :( Either way, I hope it works out for you soon!

    *high five* for your work on the demons. I need a boost. I've been braindead when it comes to my WIP. I'm near the middle. I don't do well with middles. I should open it and stare at it for a few hours, see what happens. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, Scooper, thanks bunches for the well wishes... We really have high hopes for this house.

    I need to come by and visit you. I've been so busy lately I've fallen off the visitation wagon. I hope all is well with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Isabelle :) I'm glad you liked the pic. I took a series of four or five of them, and that was my favorite. The bands of pink were VERY vivid, seeing them in person. But on film, it makes a great contrast against the leaves. ;)

    Thanks for the high five on the demons. I'm pulling for you, and hope you get your writing groove back. Middles are my tough point as well, so I understand. Try to put yourself in your characters' shoes - what would they do next? Sometimes that help me. Either way, hang in there. I'm sure it will all come to you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.