Saturday, June 30, 2007

Sunshine and Squeeeee

I tried to keep Mini at bay this morning. He woke up around 6 and wanted me to get up with him. I stayed up til 1 AM, so of course I didn't want to follow. Since hubby was home and sitting in from of the TV, I managed to convince Mini to take his favorite bottle to his daddy. However, when hubby brought it back to our room (Mini had piled back up in the bed beside me awaiting room service), he sat on the edge and said, "If you decide to get up some time today, go look at what's on your laptop."

I opened my eyes. "What's wrong with my laptop?"
"I said ON your laptop."
"You mean, the desktop?"
"No. I mean on top of your laptop."

Okay, now I'm awake. Worried that a three hundred pound gorilla is sitting on my laptop and all that, I go into the dining room. Instead of a gorilla, there's a note that says, Surprise! (with a big smiley face on it) Beside that, there's a hot pink iPod Nano, matching pink case, and a gift card. Woot! Sweet hubby! He brought home an apple green one for himself. Ah, lovely colors...

Now I can retire that poor sad thing we were using for our music. It was offbrand, Digitech or some such thing, and would only download every now and then - when it wanted to, it seemed. Now we have something actually compatible with iTunes. Imagine that!

Weekend things...

Tomorrow hubby is going to take Mini and leave me some time to write. ALONE to write. Wow! How long has it been? I will catch up on the demons then, and hopefully have time to look over an old futuristic wip. I need to add a few things to it, and rework some parts of it to get rid of passive sentences and the bazillion comma splices tucked away in there.

For today, I think I'm going to be writing and tinkering with the iPod. Yeah, yeah... I know. I'm so behind the times. The iphone is the hot thing now, but sometimes you just gotta give an old woman her day. ^_^

Happy Saturday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. OHHH!!! Hubby gets a huge thumbs up. That is sooo nice of him. You must be psyched! Enjoy it! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I won't ask why you thought there was a giant gorilla on your laptop. ROFL

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^