Friday, June 22, 2007

F-R-I-D-A-Y (with Mari)

Hubby came home yesterday and told me that a house has come up for sale right down the road from where we live. So, as you can imagine, we are on the hunt again. This place would be perfect for my parents. It's just the right size, on a good road, and there is a lot of elbow room between their house and any neighbors.

Hubby called the number on the sign, but so far no one has gotten back with us yet. If hubby doesn't hear from anyone today, I'm thinking we may take a little drive over there and see if anyone is still living in it. If so, maybe they can tell us a bit about the sale arrangements on the house. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one...

I gave Mini a haircut yesterday. It's long over do. He was developing a baby-mullet, and I couldn't allow that to happen. It's just so hard to get him to stay still long enough to trim anything. I caught him by chance yesterday. I'd just turned from putting away towels, and saw he'd crawled up onto the bench to look into my vanity mirror. While his back was turned, I grabbed the sheers, and trimmed off the back baby fringe. Stealth haircutting! I had to do the same thing with his big brother when he was around that age.

Anyway, I will spend the day doing laundry, and prepping the bathroom floor to be painted. Let's hope it doesn't rain this weekend. Hubby brought home the local newspaper last night and the headline showed rainwater being pumped out of the hospital. I noticed we've been getting a lot of rain lately, but didn't realize it amounted to about 8 inches, and that parts of town were flooded. *_* Maybe I should strive to get out more...

It's been a while since I displayed one of my dolls, and since I'm at a loss for pictures this morning, today's CPK picture model is no other than Miss Mari Davina. She's a 2006 SE girl with cherry rag hair and brown eyes. She is my favorite soft sculptured kid out of my patch. I adore her chubby face. :)

Yay, yay, yay, it's Friday! Gotta get around do chores early if I'm to have any chance of enjoying it. So I'm off... Hope you all have a snazzy weekend!

4 comments:

  1. Hope you have a snazzy weekend too Cora! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you hear from the house owners and get that house for your parents! *keeping my fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOpe it works out with the house. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really really hope that house hunt works out for you! I know you've been looking for a while now! Let us know ok? *hugs*

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^