Friday, June 08, 2007

All Is Full Of Love

Hubby and I talked about vacation plans yesterday. I'm personally happy wherever we go as long as there is an internet connection and a pool, or lake, or some other swimmable body of water. I kinda want to head over the Oklahoma way, because it isn't very far, and I've never been there. On the otherhand, there is the diamond pits in Arkansas - which is where Oldest wants to go, and Bilouxi beach. which I think Oldest and Mini would like. Again, I just want my net connection and a place to swim, so I've decided to let the males fight amongst themselves over the location.

I kicked off my demons yesterday, turning them in a whole new direction that seems to be paying off. It's taking a bit more research than I like (I hate to research anything), but I think it will be worth it if I put that little extra effort in.

At any rate, I'm going to chase these new ideas through the weekend, follow through the scenes, and I'll make my final decision about the story from there. At this point in time; however, I have a beginning, middle, and end, and no lagging points...which has been a problem all along. Whatever comes of it, no new projects for me until I get the demons written and sent off. If I don't set the bar now, I'm never going to get this project finished.

Just for the sake of saying so, Cyborg Kate Moss (in the pic) reminds me of that Bjork song All Is Full Of Love - which apparently I do not have on CD as I originally thought. I guess it's the whole robotic thing. I don't know. Kinda kooky in a way, but good too. Now I'm going to have to track down that Bjork album, though...

That's about it for me today. Gotta get crackin' while Mini's in Snoozeville. Hopefully I'll get something accomplished.

Happy Friday, folks!

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that it's going somewhere! As you know, I know the feeling of being stuck and not sure how to move forward. It's sooo frustrating! Let us know how it goes! Hopefully, you'll find this new direction was just where you wanted to go.

    Happy weekend to you too, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to take a vacation but this time of year is busiest for my husband so....maybe in the fall.

    And glad to hear the writing is progressing. Mine, unfortunately, is not! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on getting your writing done. I've actually been getting out of my writing funk lately too so I'm pretty jazzed about that. Have fun on vacation. I don't think we're taking one this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hopefully this story idea is "the one", Isabelle. If I get stuck any longer on this story I may suffer permanent writer's brain damage. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fall vacation sounds fantastic, Karen. Too, it's not too hot around that time to really get out there and see the sights.

    Sorry to hear your writing's not progressing the way you want. Gee, I know that feeling. Hopefully the weekend will leave you refreshed and back where you want to be when you sit back at the keyboard. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on getting out of your writing funk, Kelley. BTW, that Lori Foster bash you went to looked super inspiring. How awesome! I wish they had things like that going on around here from time to time.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^