Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What's my motivation?

I woke up this morning with a serious case of "I don't want to". I looked at the laundry sitting in the hallway, the full dishwasher that needs to be emptied, and I just want to blow raspberries at the whole lot of it. Why can't I have Samantha Steven's (Bewitched) nose twinkling power? I want to be able to zap my house to cleanliness without having to lift a finger. That should come standard with birth, in my opinion. Can you imagine how much frustration that would save parents alone?

Anyway, I bypassed the laundry and the dishes, and went straight for the coffee and the laptop. It was a difficult decision to make, you see, but I have a feeling it's going to be one of those days...



Want to try a quiz that will make you feel REALLY, EXTREMELY old? Find out what took place in the year you were born!


In 1975 (the year you were born)

Gerald Ford is president of the US

Evacuation of US civilians from Saigon as Communist forces complete takeover of South Vietnam

FBI agents capture Patty Hearst, who is indicted and convicted of bank robbery

Teamster Jimmy Hoffa disappears without a trace

Marines rescue the crew of the American ship the Mayaguez near Vietnam

First Lady Betty Ford says in an interview that she thinks her children have tried marijuana

Natalie Imbruglia, Drew Barrymore, David Beckham, Enrique Iglesias, Angelina Jolie, and Tiger Woods are born

Cincinnati Reds win the World Series

Pittsburgh Steelers win Superbowl IX

Philadelphia Flyers win the Stanley Cup

Production begins on Star Wars

Jaws and The Rocky Horror Picture Show are the top grossing films

Soul Train premieres on television in the United States

"The Way We Were" (performed by Barbara Streisand) wins the Grammy for best song

Saturday Night Live and Wheel of Fortune premiere

5 comments:

  1. Love the kitty pic! Yeah, I know what you mean about having one of those "I don't wanna" days. I've been in one of those for most of the week. Hope things get better. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um I so wish I had the twitching nose power. I feel like I don't wanna every day I wake up! That's not good, huh? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pic Cora! I love kitties. :) You know when I always want the nose twitching power? When it's time to move the furniture. I get bored easily and it would make it so much easier to see what fits where. lol

    I swear sometimes lately, I think I'm having an I don't wanna life.

    Hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The year you were born? All that happened my junior year of high school. Now, that's old! BTW, love the kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know the feeling. I get days like that a lot too. Although the Samantha power would really make things so much better.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.