Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Wacky Wednesday

Well, Oldests toes look like they've been through a meat grinder, but he said he was well enough this morning to try going back to school. We had to take off the bandages to change them out, and they put this wax stuff on his toes so the bandages wouldn't stick... Mm-kay, they only put enough wax on one toe. So here we are looking at these Frankenstein feet wondering if soaking them will hurt so we can get the pads off. *nightmare*

Today was his call, though. He wanted to go back because it's so hard to catch up once you miss. He can't wear regular shoes - he's in flipflops with socks. Fashionable, no? Anyway, I worry someone might stomp on his toes, or something. I imagine I'll be listening for the phone all day.

If only I can get things settled today, I'll finish up my wip. I'm right at the bloody ending of the darn thing, but can't seem to stay in one place long enough to do what I need to do. Very frustrating. Again - maybe today. It probably won't make the June lineup, but what can I do?

Tomorrow is my dad's birthday. I've ordered a cake and bought a few gifts, but there are a few other things I still have to do and prepare. I'm going to hold that off until late this evening, maybe by then I'll have things ready to format properly and send off. We'll see how it goes.



Seems I've been tagged by Yolanda. ^_^

Here goes...

1. Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves.

2. People who are tagged need to write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.

3. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names.

4. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.

8 random facts/habits about me ...

1. My taste in everything from food to clothes swings to wild extremes. I like either pretty girly things, or very dark stuff. Imagine Hello Kitty with a dash of Marilyn Manson. Judging by my childhood photos, this started waaaaay early in my life.

2. In the early 90s I came very close to relocating to Brazil to study rainforest ecology. I passed up the offer because Oldest was still quite small. It is my one regret that I never followed it through.

3. My favorite color is leafy green.

4. I have a thing for sporty yellow vehicles - and I have no idea why.

5. I *heart* traveling, but don't get to do it very often.

6. I make it a habit to look at every day as a new beginning.

7. I collect useless trinket things and stuff like 80s toys: Cabbage Patch Kids, Poochie items, and Care Bears stuff to name a few.

8. I consider 9 my lucky number.


I don't know 8 people who haven't done this meme, so I'm just going to post some names. So, return taggage is optional: Isabelle, Annie, Bebe, Tempest, Faith, Daisy, ME, and Michelle.

That's it for me. I've got to get to work. I hope you all have a wacky Wednesday. ^_^

3 comments:

  1. I'm actually picturing a little girl with a hello kitty bedroom and dark eyeliner! LOL It's hilarious! :)

    I'm glad to hear Oldest is in good spirits. Let's hope he stays positive. It'll help recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in the tag, Cora. :D

    Love the 80s stuff! We've now got 5 CPK dolls in the house, and one is mine... am I a bad influence on my daughter, or what? ;)

    Hope Oldest goes okay at school. Very brave boy you got there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! So you tagged me too? I posted mine yesterday. They're smack under the hump day hunk. ;)

    I hope you get to finish the WIP.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^