Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tuesday Afternoon is Neverending...

There's a pink ribbon tied around our neighbor's tree. I noticed it sometime yesterday morning, and so now I know the new baby has arrived. That makes baby girl number three for them. Congratulations! :) There has been a joke going on since Mini arrived that hubby and I would have all the boys on our side of the street, and they would have all the girls on their side. It looks like that could be exactly how it ends up, too. Hehe! ^_^

As soon as Oldest crawls out of bed, we're going to go order Mini's birthday cake. The big 0-2 happens this Friday. I'm hoping they'll have something for Thomas the Tank Engine, but 9 times out of 10, our local bakery is out of the cake decorations. *sigh* In that case, I'm thinking we'll have to go with hotwheels. Something with cars, trucks... tractors... heck, something like that on it because Mini likes (anything with) wheels.

I'd hoped to make a Toys R Us run before the big day, but I've put it off and now I'm not sure if I'll go at all. Hubby and I wanted to get Mini one of the those Sit'n Spin merry go round things, or a Mr. Clip Clop horse. Something he can ride, but that stays in place. (It's far easier on our toes. :p) I have no idea if they even make the Sit'n Spin things anymore. *old age* Maybe they went the way of the ride-on Inch Worm. Anyone remember those?

Anyway, I plan to set aside the laptop and do a bit of reading today. Something to refresh my brain. I sat down to write late last night, and drew a total blank. I couldn't think of one intersting thing to jot down, and I'm not ready yet to tackle the demons again. Time to break out the old romances and chain read them until the old writing itch starts up again. Maybe a trip to the library would work...

Anyway, that's my Tuesday and I'm sticking to it. Nothing more to report, so I need to rumble around and find something to do. I hope you all have a great day!

9 comments:

  1. What's the motif for Mini's b-day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday to Mini! Hope you have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I remember 2. :) They grow up so fast, cliche, but soooo true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww, Mini is 2! That's a cute age. :) Handful, too. Yay for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tempest! Care to come over for the cake and ice cream? ;) I wanted Hotwheels or something, but it seems Tigger is it. The cake looks delicious though. It has party hats and a pot of "hunny" with tigger bouncing out of it. ^_^ I'll be sure to post some pics after the party Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's true Samantha... they do grow up entirely too fast. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isabelle, LOL! Yes, there have been some instances of the terrible twos popping up now and again... hehehe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE TIGGER! *bounces on tail* Okay, I'll go if my broomstick is out of the mechanic shop on time.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^