Saturday, May 26, 2007

Lazy Saturday

Hubby and I took the kids to the mall today. I wanted to walk and browse, and with cell phones in hand, we parted ways through the starting gate. Oldest went his own way, Hubby took Mini to go rent one of those car shaped strollers, and I made my way through clothing store after clothing store.

I have come to realize I am very much out of fashion if I am to judge by what's on the rack. Who are these wonderwomen who can actually wear the gauzy no-bra tank tops with spaghetti straps? Or maybe it's just a designer fantasy, since the racks were stocked with those shirts, and I saw no one near or far actually wearing one of them. Sorry YSL - I gotta have boob support. Pretty top or not, gotsta have enough coverage for a bra.

I ended up leaving most stores empty handed... at least until I stopped by Rave. That's my fave store in the mall, and learned just today they are closing down at our mall. Sad, sad indeed, but on the same level, everything was half off. So I bought four shirts and a pair of khaki cargos. After that I went and bought a new pair of shoes at Shoe Depot. Plaid (teal and blue) beachy looking Rocket Dogs. I love 'em. I've been needing a new pair since the gnomes stole my last pair of sneaks. (It's been months now and I still haven't recovered those shoes!)

That's pretty much been the highlight of my day. Relaxing, shopping, hanging out with the hubby and kids. Tomorrow I'll be doing much of the same...oh, and posting over at the Cobblestone Press author's blog, so drop by if you're in the neighborhood, stop by and say hello!

Happy weekend, everyone!

12 comments:

  1. What a fun shopping trip! Don't you just love to find a bargain? Hope you and your family have a wonderful holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only ever found ONE halter top that I could bear to wear without a bra. And it seriously had one built in, not a flimsy thing, but a real woman bra, with cups and everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I remember shopping. I used to do that at some point. lol

    Sounds like you had a fun day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! I love sales. I'm weak for them.

    Gotta remember to stop by for your blog post tomorrow. :) *hugs* Enjoy the rest of your weekend, ok?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah I love going to the mall but it's such a dangerous place. Dangerous, dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was telling my sister-in-law (they visited over weekend) that I'm so glad I'm not young right now. The styles would be so uncomfortable for my body style. I am a poofy woman and the low-riding hipsters would always be looooow riding on me. I feel sorry for chubby teens that can't find stylish pants that fit without the need to wander around hiking up their pants all the time. It isn't that I think they should be ashamed of being full-figured. It is the clothing that makes me fee bad for them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Mia! Happy holiday weekend to you as well! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annie, that sounds like a good one. Usually they only have that shelf lining in them - I'm not sure what that's supposed to hold up. ROFL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Samantha, it was a really fun day. I don't shop in stores as much as I used to. I do a lot of my shopping online nowadays. It's just so much more convenient. But it was nice to walk the stores for a change. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Isabelle! I'm another one on for the sales. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree! It's hard to leave out of there without buying something, isn't it, Karen? :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annalee, it is VERY hard to find clothes that fit now. After having two kids, my tummy is never going to go back to what it was before. Those really low rise pants irritate me, and I have to try on at least a dozen pair of pants before I find some that fit right. I can't even imagine how the girls are doing it these days.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^