Friday, May 18, 2007

Hurray for Friday!

Okay, I'll admit when I got up this morning, I thought it was Saturday. Hubby didn't have to work, so I guess, I simply assumed... He took Mini and Oldest on the rounds about town first thing - paying the bills and dropping Oldest off at the library. (Poor Oldest, he walked away disappointed - library access was down.)

While they were gone, I did a bit of research for my next writing project. I won't be actually delving into the story until I finish my edits for Dominant Territory, but I've been trying to gather as much info for the story line as possible. I'd like to have it planned out enough so that when I do finally sit down to work on it, I'll be able to free write my way through it. *but I'm not going to hold my breath*

On to other things...
Hubby and I bought a copy of Pan's Labyrinth. Oh, man... if you haven't seen this movie, and you like fairytale, fantasy type things RUN to the movie store. It is subtitled, and there are a few brutal scenes in there, but oh my, the effects alone make it worth watching. That's my weekend top pick. Not a book, but there you have it...

Now to make it through the weekend. I am trying to convince hubby we need lawn chairs. Might be kind of fun to sit out in the yard with the ol' laptop and brainstorm. (Must remember to keep out of the sun so I won't end up with "laptop" tan lies on me legs. Ha!)

Have a merry weekend, eveyone!

12 comments:

  1. I just listened to an interview with the writer of the screenplay on the radio today while running errands. It sounds really good. He talked about the faun, how it can be good or evil. It kind of freaked me out a little, but mythology tends to scare me. I have no idea why. The characters in Chronicles of Narnia gave me nightmares! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sign cracks me up! My little brother manages a video game store and he has stories of parents dropping their kids off there for the DAY - ridiculous. He needs that sign.

    Hope you get your lawn chairs. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the sign! Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lap top tan lines!!!! That is good! :)

    Cole

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just looking at Pan's Labyrinth. Borders sent out an email about it being available. I was somewhat fascinated by the clip I saw. Maybe I'll rent it. How gruesome does it get? Real bad?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to buy patio furniture too. Well at least plastic chairs. It's the middle of May, but it feels like June alright down here. I want to sit down and drink piña coladas. Enjoy your weekend too! Heh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL, Nancy ^_^ I couldn't seem to sit all the way through Chronicles of Narnia. I've tried watching the whole thing at least 4 or 5 times. The book was good, but the movie just didn't hold my interest. As for the scary things... It's those Silent Hill type movies (kinda like Pan's Labyrinth) that really freak me out. I'm not sure what it is. Not so much the monsters as it is the creepy environment. *shivers*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Karen, they drop their kids off for the DAY? I'd start charging a daycare fee! ^_^ Yes, he needs that sign, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, Annie! Hurry up with that secret, will ya? The suspence is killing me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cole, wouldn't those be some crazy lines to explain? LOL! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isabelle, there are a few brutal beating scenes. The first one I cringe to even think about. But the rest of the movie, it's just kind of brief gruesome incidents. It's really a good flick.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Woohoo! Mix up a Pina Colada for me, Tempest. I'll join you on the patio. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^