Thursday, May 31, 2007

Boldly Going No Where


I'm baking a birthday cake for my mom at the moment. Only ten minutes to go and I can take it out. I spent a good deal of yesterday browsing for the perfect gift for her and came up empty handed. We are so far apart in tastes, it's nearly impossible to come up with something she likes. Ask her what she wants and she'll tell you something goofy, like knee socks. Or she'll tell you what she doesn't want, like more jewelry - which is good to know, since I came very close to buying her a gold locket yesterday.

So, instead of an actual gift, I called her and offered to buy her a gift card, or take her shopping. She was totally against the gift card - she's afraid to use such bold technology - and I have no idea if she'll want to go shopping. She was undecided about that when I asked. So, the cake may be the big present. I'm not going to worry about it at this point.

I worked on my demon story a little this morning. Basically, I added a garbled lot of words. At least that's what it seems like for the moment. I've already rewritten this story three times and three different ways, so if it doesn't mesh this go around, it's going in a box and I'm calling it a day. I have other projects I'm itching to work on, but I've put this one off long enough. I have just a few months to get this thing in, and I feel like I'm going to need that amount of time to get it in proper shape.

That's about it for me today. There is an AwEsOmE interview with hot paranormal author Colleen Gleason over at the Midnight Moon Cafe. Don't miss it!

3 comments:

  1. Usually something baked is a good mom present. :) Hope she likes it and has a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate getting gifts. I always feel like it'll either be too outlandish or something the person will completely hate. *sigh* I try to get creative and personal. I tend to just screw it up. HA! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pick me up, ladies! Mom liked the cake. It turned out really well, and she thought it extra special since Mini "helped" by stirring. ^_^

    Now thankfully I am out of the realm of immediate birthdays until late August!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^