Sunday, April 15, 2007

Spoils from the Hunt


Ah, Sunday... Perfect day for reading new books. Yesterday's hunting expedition was a smashing success. I bought a few new and used titles, and spent Saturday afternoon reading them.

Here are a few from the spoils of my book spree.

Hardcovers -
1. Life Beyond Death, from the Reader's Digest Quest for the Unknown Series. - This is a really cool book. I sat and read through it in one sitting. Lots of great art, history, and personal snippets from people's out of body and near death experiences. An awesome book for reference.

2. New Orleans, A Pictorial Souvenir by Carol M. Highsmith and Ted Landphair. 1998 edition. Kind of heartbreaking to look at. New Orleans pre-Katrina. The New Orleans of my heart. Brings back lots of memories. Another great book for reference.

Paperbacks -
3. The Last Vampire, by Whitley Strieber. Apparently a continuation of Miriam Blaylock's story, and sequel to his cult-classic vampire book The Hunger. I've been looking forward to this book for quite a while now. (If you're a Whitley Strieber fan, I highly recommend Trisha Baker's Crimson Series. Another great, not quite romance, not quite horror novel series pertaining to vamps.)

4. These Fallen Angels, by Wendy Haley. A vampire learns his long-lost love has risen from the grave after an evil force possesses the souls of his family. Don't know much about this book - picked it up due to the intriguing back blurb.

5. Red, by Jack Ketchum. Love his voice. A horror novel.

6. Kitty Goes to Washington, by Carrie Vaugh. Werewolves do it better. Don't believe me? Check this out.

7. Prince of Ice, by Stobie Piel. One of my favorite romance authors of all time. Kind of hard to find her books in my area. This one looks like a mage/barbarian book. Fantasy romance?

8. Dark Need, by Lynn Viehl. Paranormal romance. Lucan believes Samantha is his reincarnatied first love. *dreamy sigh* Like reincaranted lovers as much as I do? Check out this hot title.

9. Undead and Unemployed, by MaryJanice Davidson. Don't have this one, and it's MaryJanice. 'Nuff said.

10. A Sweet Addiction, by Charlotte Lamb. (Harelequin Presents) The late Charlotte Lamb rocks my socks. I buy every title from her that I find. If only I had an ounce of her talent... I read this book in one sitting. It's part of the Barbary Wharf Series and has many, many characters. It reads a bit like an episode of East Enders, except the drama all revolves around a newspaper and the journalists who work there.

There you have it. My booklist. I feel all tingly inside, I gotta admit. I do love getting new books. Looks like I'll be set for a few weeks. At least that's what I'm telling hubby. Hehe. I guess I better get to reading, uh, writing. *slacking* :-)

Happy Sunday, everyone!

2 comments:

  1. So jealous! :) I have to hit B/N today for some good rainy day books. It's pouring outside and I want to just curl up and read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy weekend, Isabelle. Those rainy days are good couch curling, book reading days, aren't they? ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^