Thursday, April 12, 2007

Spank My Muse

Yesterday was one of those days... I couldn't motivate myself to do squat. I started out in front of the comp, chipping away at my wip, but by about 10:30 it was pretty much a lost cause. I ended up rearranging part of the office - talk about a sucky way to procrastinate *lol* - and accomplishing very little for my effort in the process of it. I'd rifle through something, then I'd go back to the wip and tip tap here before wandering off over there for a while, only to come back twenty minutes later to tip tap at the wip again... bleh. Truth is, I'd rather be at the beach!

Hubby's work project should be closed out any day now. They're down to screwing in lightbulbs and plugging in fans over there. :P We're wondering at this point if he will get a lay off, or if they are going to keep him sitting around until phaze 2 starts - whenever that is. There's nothing much to do there for him at the moment, the guys are merely sitting around until called on. Today Hubby took his laptop so he'd have something to do. ( Chuzzles, beware! )
If by chance he gets his walking papers sometime in the next week, first thing out the gate, I'm going to suggest a roadtrip. I think we'll all do better to get out of town for a while.

On to writing things...
Today is torture myself into moving forward day. Just kidding. I just hit a section that I think would read better from the hero's POV. So there's today's project... writing a POV flip.Here's hoping I can get some work done today without having to bitch-slap my muse.

That's it for me today. I'm off to the Midnight Moon Cafe. There is an interview up today with author Carrie Vaugh. *runs amok* I've been waiting for this one!

Happy Thursday, folks!

8 comments:

  1. I'd almost always rather be at the beach. lol The road trip sounds like a good idea. I hope you do it, and I hope you have loads of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cora,
    I wrote a post on my blog a few weeks ago about muses. I wrote something similar yesterday, check it out. I'm sure after you relax a little, your muse will return to you, full of vigor!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The muse is probably freaking out because you're so close to completion. My muse does the same thing. I keep trying to explain to her that finishing and moving on is a good thing. She gets all clingy.

    I think a roadtrip sounds like tons of fun! Sometimes, you need a different environment to inspire you. ;) Plus, there's nothing more exciting than the cool breeze in your hair.

    Great coppertone picture, btw. Brought me back. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with writing more!

    I tagged you on yesterday's post for the Thinking Blogger Awards!

    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, me and you both, Samantha. Break out the SPF 45! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Demon Hunter! I'm hopping over to your blog to take a peek. *thumbs up*

    PS. I hope my muse comes back from vacation soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hear you, Isabelle. Maybe that's it... I'm pretty far into the book at this point. Maybe that's why the words just aren't coming together for me.

    A new environment sounds like just the think. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, cool, ME! Thanks a bunch! I'm hopping over to take a look. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.