Thursday, April 26, 2007

Home Sweet Home - and the Thursday 13

Yesterday was a successful writing day. I managed to get in a lot of work. Then again, hubby rained out and was home for the day. He watched the Mini-bear while I spent time writing, and that was a major help. Too, it gave Mini and Hubby chance to have a little one on one time post the SoLa work adventure. Mini hasn't been wanting to let daddy get to far out of sight after he vanished for a solid week. *lol*

Today I'm just going to try to keep up the writing momentum. I have a goal of getting the wip somewhere between 7-8k words. It's a little over 6k now, so that should be do-able... as long as nothing wild happens during the day to pull me away from what I need to be doing.

Now for your blogging pleasure...
Thirteen Things they teach you when you grow up in Louisiana.
1.) Possums sleep in the middle of the road with their feet stuck up in the air because they like to.
2.) Fixin'-to is one word, and is used as such: I'm fixin'-to go to the store. You wanna go?
3.) You need only three condiments in your house: Tony's, Tabasco, and ketchup.
4.) Ja'eat? is an actual phrase, and it means, "Did you eat already?"
5.)You carry jumper cables in your car... for your OWN car.
6.) The local newspapers cover national and international news on one page, but require 6 pages for local gossip and sports.
7.)It's not a shopping cart, it's a buggy.
8.)Rice and roux is the base for any meal.
9.) The first day of deer season is a national holiday. (Which can be very annoying for many'a housewife.)
10.) The first cool snap of the year (the first day below 70 degrees) is "good gumbo weather".
11.) Fried catfish is the other white meat.
12.)The security lights on the garage are meant to scare away possums and raccoons, not thieves. This also explains why there's a security system even though the front and backdoors always stay unlocked.
13.) All carbonated drinks are Coke, regardless of the flavor or brand. For example: What kind'a Coke you want? Dr. Pepper, Strawberry, Pepsi, Regular Coke...etc. Gotta be specific. *wink*


Tad-dah! There you have it, my second ever Thursday Thirteen. I can personally vouch for all those. *rofl* :P

Hope your day is a snazzy one! ^_^

17 comments:

  1. What a great list! My list is up at http://mrshand.livejournal.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin! I dropped in for a visit. ^_^ Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting list! I didn't know all of that. Welcome to the TT family! I clicked on your name, because my real name is... Cora!
    My TT is a list of things I do on my computer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am totally on board for 11 and 13 (even though I"m one state over *g*)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tink! Thanks for dropping by. I paid you a visit, too.

    *Cora's unite!* ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Amie. Hehe! Yes, my relatives in TX fall into quite a few of those on the list as well. Particularly the deer season one, and the Coke. ^_^ Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The other white meat, that's funny! Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL. Louisiana sounds like my kind of place. Hot stuff.

    I really should do these thursday thirteen things. I see them everywhere. And a lot of them are a total riot. Mine would be a bore. ;)

    Yay on your writing progress! Hit that 7k mark, youll be fine. You've got a nice pace going. I finished half of the chpt last night after all, so although I'm not where I want to be yet, I'm in ok shape. I'm going to try for the other half tonight. :) Thanks for cheering me on!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very interesting, Cora! :)

    Got my list up at: http://ysfetsos.blogspot.com/

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, Scooper! Hehe ^_^ Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Isabelle, thanks for the motivational push! I'm working my way there. *thumbs up* Great going with that half-chapter! Even if you don't get other half done, keep pushing! I'll be there with the pompoms!

    BTW, if you start doing the Thursday 13, you'll find yourself coming up with all kinds of nutty things. I've actually seen some that are serious, some informative. Give it a shot - I'll definitely be on your visitor list! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay! Thanks for the heads up, Yolanda. I'm coming to visit! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great list. Immediately brings Jeff Foxworthy to mind though and I thought he was from somewhere else ;)

    she
    http://daemon-ink.net/blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Sheelagh, thanks for visiting! I dropped by to visit you. Fun karaoke list! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey, I like Tony's. I don't really like hot stuff. But, I like Tony's seasoning.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not much into hot stuff either, Annalee. It doesn't settle well on my stomach. But Tony's... it's a must have at our house. We eat it on everything. That, and garlic salt. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  17. You should be writing all your books set in LA, Cora. They would be James Lee Burke level authentic.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.