Friday, April 13, 2007

Friday the 13th - muahahaha

I worked on my wip yesterday until I couldn't see beyond the words anymore. Around four in the afternoon, I gave it up, started everything printing, and took Mini outside.

I left his shoes off him though. He likes to take off running at lightspeed straight for the street (it's not a busy street, mind you, but still...) and I didn't want to have to go chasing after him. About two weeks ago, while walking across the yard barefoot to get a package from the mailman, I discovered the hard way that we have a huge sticker patch just beyond the first tree.

When I was getting everything ready to go out, I thought - Ah ha! Todder spike strips! I took Mini outside sans shoes, and before I could even put the tub of toys down, he took off at warp speed across the yard. He got about four feet from the front patio when he realized all was not well in the grass. He lumbered around bowlegged, with a concerned look on his face. "Yow, yow! Mimi!"

Uh huh. Busted. I had to go fish him out of the sticker patch, but it worked as I suspected. No damage to the toddler, and for the rest of our outing - which lasted about an hour and a half - no break away sprints across the yard to the street. Excellent... *hand wringing*


Award Alert...

Yesterday, author and editor, M.E Ellis gave my blog the Thinking Blogger Award. Yay! (Thanks M.E!)

According to M.E, this is an award that's designed to be passed on. Here's how it works:
1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that tickle your grey matter.

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote (There is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

Time to choose my five bloggers to carry the torch. (Not assuming that they will.)
But before I get started... I know I have a long list of links in my sidebar, but there are only a handful of blogs I visit with any real regularity, so my awards will go out to those, regardless of whether they've been awarded by anyone else. After all, it's supposed to be about the blogs that tickle my gray matter. *wink* These are in no particular order:

1.) M.E. Ellis' blog Nutter's Gang. Out of all the blogs I read, I share her joke and crazy picture content with others more often than any other blog I visit. She also hosts interviews, and I love her quirky sense of humor. Gotta love her!

2.) PBW's blog is one of my favorites. I have to admire a person in the industry who works as hard as they do, yet is able to maintain their down to earth nature. PBW not only fits the bill, she also consistently gives back to her readers, and offers great advice to aspiring writers.

3.)Behold My Brilliance . This blog is my guilty pleasure. Nothing to do with writing, and the woman doesn't know me from Adam. Still, I love reading about her and her kids. Some craaaazy stuff happens here. One of my favorites!

4.) Pub Rants. Okay, it's an agent's blog. Not exactly light reading here, but this is a sort of a "everything I ever learned about agents, I learned it from..." kind of place. Very informative. A non-threatening environment for a newbie like me.

5.)Balls and Walnuts . If it's out there. It's here. Fun, at times informative, and weirdly wise. It's also one of only two blogs I frequent that are written by men. I'm not sure why that is.

HONORABLE MENTION: I think it would be unscrupulous to give the Midnight Moon Cafe an award since I'm a founding member there, but I will instead offer that blog an Honorable Mention due to the Midnight Brew interview feature - which I don't actually have a hand in.

And that concludes my awards ceremony, ladies and gentlemen! ^_^

On to the writing stuff...
Today I'm working on a bridge scene. I need to get hero from point A to point B - and it needs to NOT be BORING. I hate these scenes, but it's necessary. After that, I'm laying down the work for the weekend, and am going to write a few "fun pages" of junk story to get my muse back. Maybe something with sexy werewolves. Ha-wooooo!

Happy Friday, folks!

10 comments:

  1. That's funny about the sticker patch - toddler spike strip, I love it!

    My children wandered off yesterday waaaay far. I was inside for like 3 minutes and they went halfway across our property. Scary.

    Good luck with the writing and congrats on the blog award. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for the award! You totally deserve it. I've come across very few blogs as fun to read as yours. :)

    That picture was adorable. Was that what was in your yard? Woah, weird. We don't see too many of those in the city.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a Machiavellian way to manipulate Mini! Heh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen: Oh, gosh, that's so scary. That's Mini. Blink an eye and he's across the yard. :S

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, love the new profile pic, Isabelle! And thank you for the compliments. :-)

    Oh, the cute pic! The hedgehog picture I found doing an image search for "brambles". ^_^

    Hm... Now that I think of it, I don't know if we have hedgehogs in Louisiana. Oh gosh, if we did, I imagine Oldest would be keeping them in shoeboxes in his room. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, Tempest! Ah well... A mama's gotta do, what a mama's gotta do. Hehe ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so flattered! Thank you for the nomination! I'd like to thank the Academy...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi there! Glad you dropped by. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those baby hedgehogs are too sweet!

    :O)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think they're cute too, ME. I love their little faces. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^