Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Attack Cat!

So I finished the missing chapter I started yesterday. I feel pretty good about that. However, I am not convinced my story is going to be romancey enough. It's turning out to be more suspense than anything. Sort of how Practical Magick is supposed to be a romance blend, although there is very little romance in it - at least it seemed that way to me. It's in there, but understated because of the story going on around it. Ah well. Eight chapters in, I think it's a little too late to worry about it now.

I took everyone's advice to heart - let the love scenes fall where they may. I actually removed a scene because it seemed too far out of place for the moment, and I don't want sex taking away from the story. It was supposed to be the first love scene in the book, but I just don't think the characters are "ready" even though they are already well into a relationship at the start of the book. Looks like the first lurrrve scene isn't going to make it in until around chapter 5. Not sure how I feel about that yet. I guess it all remains to be seen. I'll definitely be winging this one off to the crit partners before submission!

On a completely different note, remember when I decided to paint the dining room/living room pale yellow and how hubby hated it? Finally, after all these months, we've settled on a color. Actually, I settled it for us. It's a pale, pale aqua. It looks white in some lighting. Hubby actually approved it when he saw it, which is a good thing, since half the den is now painted with it. I mixed the pale yellow I had with some flame blue I still had from the nursery. It's a very soothing, non-distracting shade. Perfect thing for this house.

That's it for me today. I'm far, far behind on everything I should be doing. See what happens when the net goes down for a few hours? Y2K would've been the end of me, I swear it. Happy hump day, everyone!

5 comments:

  1. I think no matter what genre your story comes out to be, it will be better for not forcing scenes for the sake of sex.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Annie. I'd rather read a great book with no sex scenes than a mediocre book with hot sex.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the not forcing it - with this book, I'm not even sure it would be possible. I'm not sure what I'll do in regards to the genre though. The book is supposed to for a series line, and it should be romance. I'm not sure it will meet the criteria, but I guess I can only wait and see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girl, you just write the best story ever. Worry about who to sell it later. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Big hugs, Tempest. I'm taking your advice to heart. I gotta finish this thing no matter what. If I don't, I'll never get it out my system. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^