Sunday, April 01, 2007

After the Wedding...

Lil' Sis had a gorgeous wedding. It took place at the Gardens of the American Rose Center outside of Shreveport - only a few miles from the Texas state line. It rained a bit before the wedding, but everything pretty much went off without a hitch. Sis had the entire place decorated in white and lavender - even the hall lighting in the American Rose Center was lavender. To boot, the reception area was set up with lavender floral table settings, and purple rose petals. I've never been to a more beautiful ceremony.

The string quartet played Celtic love songs, pre-march, and a jazz band played at the reception. Hubby and I had a great time. I was able to visit with Sis while she was getting ready in the Bridal Suite, and then again for a few minutes at the reception. Big Sis floated here and there, as usual, the mastermind behind everything and making it run smoothly. I tagged around with her until it was time to go down the path to the chapel, then stopped and chatted with their dad. We actually talked for quite a while - it was nice seeing him. He seemed so much older than I remember him, though. It kind of boggles the mind when you stop and realize just how much time has gone by... It seems only like yesterday I was spending summers up there, but that was something like 20 years ago. I'm glad I had a chance to see him again, because I just don't get up to Shreveport as often as I'd like.

It was a tiring day, but a good one. It's about a two hour drive one way to get there, and then there's the drive back. Hubby and I didn't get home until 7pm, and I kind of worried about that until we got back and Mom told me that Mini did just fine - no tears. Whew!

It feels like today should be Monday - I guess because of all the driving and the change of pace. Oldest is going to church with his Gram, and Hubby plans to go take Mini with him while he picks up something for the lawnmower. So today it will be me, and the demons - at least for a little while *wink*

Since it is April Fool's Day, I'll close with a joke. This is one hubby sent to me...

A certain private school in Washington was recently faced with a unique problem - a number of 12-year-old girls were beginning to use lipstick and would put it on in the bathroom. That was fine, but after they put on their lipstick, they would press their lips to the mirror leaving dozens of little lip prints.

Every night the maintenance man would remove them and the next day the girls would put them back.Finally the principal decided that something had to be done. She called all the girls to the bathroom and met them there with the maintenance man. She explained that all these lip prints were causing a major problem for the custodian who had to clean the mirrors every night. To demonstrate how difficult it had been to clean the mirrors, she asked the maintenance man to show the girls how much effort was required. He took out a long-handled squeegee, dipped it in a toilet, and cleaned the mirror with it.


Since then, there have been no lip prints on the mirror.

Proof that there are teachers... and then there are educators.
Happy Sunday, everyone! ^_^

2 comments:

  1. lol nice joke :D

    glad you had fun at the wedding :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds absolutely beautiful. I'm so glad you had fun. Weddings can be great, when they're stress free and not yours. ;)

    But lil sis getting married would get me all emotional.

    And purple is a great color choice. One of my favorites! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.