Tuesday, March 20, 2007

A Series of Suburban Events

It's been a crazy kind of day. I woke up to the phone ringing this morning, and it hasn't stopped since. I've had visitors in and out the door, and basically all my well laid plans went out the window. Not that it's been a bad day, just... chaotic. With too much going on, and not enough getting done. Ever have days like that?

I've come across another part of my manuscript that needs to be reworked from the ground up. I printed it and plan to give the red pen treatment before I try to do anything with it on the computer. It's one of those parts where I wrote alternate scenes - cripes, never again! Mananging one scene is tough enough.

I picked up a copy of Trudy Thompson's Prisoner of Passion, and I've started reading it. I'm finding that after reading a lot of more modern paranormals like Emma Holly, Christine Feehan, and Ronda Thompson, it's fun to slip off into something vintage. It gives you a completely fresh take on the genre. Those earlier books are especially fun, because there were fewer expectations back then. When the genre was new and blossoming, publishers tended to cram everything together into the same fore: true paranormals, futuristsics, fairy tales. Sometimes you'd get a book with a historical looking cover and you find out later the entire story is on another planet. That's kind of what you get with the writing too. It's nice for a change of pace.

While I'm on the subject of writing and authors and stuff... the one and only Amanda Ashley is going to have an interview up at the Midnight Moon Cafe this Thursday. You definitely don't want to miss it.

That's it for me today. Before I go, check out the pic of the Japanese rock garden. Ah... peaceful isn't it? I've been scouting garden photos. Hubby and I plan to landscape the back yard this summer. We're going to add a patio and so I've been looking at all kinds of ideas. I doubt I'd end up going with this theme - my neighbors cats would probably view it as a fancy litter box and a war would ensue. But it's nice to look at and daydream. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. Sorry your day didn't go as planned, chica! Hope today goes better. BTW, happy Ostara! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Japanese rock garden, eh? I want one! It looks so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Ostara, Tempest! Can you believe I didn't even realize it was today! *_* Thanks for the heads up, lol. At any rate, I'm more than ready for it - Out with the old, in with the new!

    Demon hunter: That garden is gorgeous, isn't it? It does look peaceful. That back patio too. Makes me want to sit out there and listen to wind chimes. ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^