Thursday, March 01, 2007

Mystify Me


It's the first day of March! *_* (Just wanted to make note of that, because it sorta slipped up on me.)

I finished arranging all the 3 demon manuscripts into one main manuscript last night, and I've started cleaning up the story. There are a lot of little nit picky things to do - like at the beginning of the book, one of the character's names changes. And someone's eye color changes. Too, there are the consistency issues. I wrote two scenes to go in one place, so it seems like I've got a scene missing. I've got to choose between them or write another scene. Whatever comes of that, I'm relieved to finally have everything in one stack.



Now, just as a measure of documenting my own thoughts after reading through the first three chapters of the demons last night... I'm sure when this story is finished, what with all the violence, manipulation and SEX, if it even gets published, the critics are going to have an absolute field day with this one. If they thought Dominic from Wicked Temptation was too harsh, they're really going to go red in the face when the meet my new hero. What's even worse, I have a terrible, minx-y, guilty confession to make: I'm looking forward to it. Oh, yeah. Despite the ups and downs, and the uber dark theme, I love this story! You're not going to find some bent-knee, soft hearted, groveling hero in this book. No ma'am. My man, Kane, is an anti-hero from the floor up. And I like it that way! ^_^


On to other things...

Yesterday the snazzi-rific Isabelle mentioned something in the comments about printing up a manuscript to give it a read through. I admit, I have to do that. I can sometimes go through a 500 sheet block of paper for one story. I can only do so much on computer, and then I have to hold the print in my hands and read it aloud. When I red pen that way, I catch more errors than I would using every feature known to man on MS Word.


After giving this some thought, I've come up with a questionaire for today: When you self edit, do you do it all on the computer? Do you print it up and red pen everything? Do you have a special self editing trick you like to use?


About the Jeope Wolfe lemon pictures. Aren't they yummy? I had a few questions about them. I thought they were sunny and bright, and with all the cold weather and rain, I decided they were good mood inducing. At least they are for me. ^_^ I love the colors. Yeah, I admit they are kinda odd, but that's all part of the charm.


Hm. I just went back through my posts, and thought I'd put up a link on the first post using these photos, but apparently I didn't. Oops! Here it is. Lemon pictures are from Jeope Wolfe .

It's payday for us, folks! So I better get off my duff and find where the shoe gnomes have hidden my Docs. It's a rainy day, and I've got errands to run.


Happy Thursday!

6 comments:

  1. Ok, I'll admit it. I love me some yummy antiheroes. In fact, I love them tons more than sappy, romantic heroes with big beating hearts and puppy dog eyes.

    I can't help it! There's something devilishly sexy about a man who straddles *wispy sigh* the edge of morality. He's so unpredictable that everyone sort of stands around waiting to see whether he'll go good or bad. And that's part of his charm. The danger, the adrenaline, the pure heated passion. Oh goodness, I'm getting a little flushed just thinking about it.

    So I say, screw the critics! Go with it! I'll be in love with him momentarily. And I'm sure so will the hundreds of adrenaline junkie women out there. Because we know you're out there. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always print mine. Funny how you can find errors on the printed page that you can't find on the screen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh god, I LOVE payday. :)

    I used to print it all up and mark it and read it out loud to myself, but I have to be honest, since I started getting contracted I think I've gotten lazy with that. Bad me. but if it still works...right?

    Your story sounds hot Cora, I'm sure you'll find someone to believe in it. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love when all the pieces come together.

    When I was 19, I had a dream that was so vivid, I immediately knew it would make an -amazing- fantasy novel.

    I didn't have the skill to write the story until 2003, so I just took notes on the dream and waited until my technical expertise caught up with my vision.

    The book came out with Del Rey. But it was like 14 years from dream to dream come true.

    I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh screw the goody-two-shoes heroes. Too good to get their hands dirty. It's not real. I like those with an edge. The anti-heroes. So bring it on, Cora! *wg*

    As for self-editing, hmm... I do it all in the computer. For some reason it's easier for me. It's when I'm writing something and it's not complete that I print it out. That way I can add to what I've written. It's weird. But then I'm weird. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^