Monday, March 05, 2007

Is it Monday already?

Arg, someone do a rewind! I'm too tired for it to be Monday already. :P Hubby was up sneezing and coughing half the night. I blame all these shifts in weather... Something blooms for a few days, and then we have a hard frost that kills it off, only to have it re-emerge a few days later stronger than before. I couldn't rest for trying last night. If it wasn't hubby, it was Mini. I gave up trying to put him in his own bed last night, and when he finally zonked from being rocked, I laid him on the couch and turned the TV on Sprout in case he woke up.

Everything is pretty much on track this morning, but geez... I am so tired, I've been spacing out. Ever done that? One minute you're talking and the next - huh? What was I saying? Oh, yeah. That's been the story of my morning thus far. I've had two cups of strong coffee, and it hasn't helped a bit. When Mini goes down for a nap, I think I better catch a few Z's as well.

I did manage to place a few of my demon chapters in to the FINAL file on my desktop this morning. Woot! Coming right along now. I think of the tortoise and the hare. Slow but steady wins the race. I'll get there. Yep, I will. In the meantime, I'll continue pushing forward.

Question for the day: Anyone else finishing out a manuscript/project?

5 comments:

  1. Yep. I couldn't get up to go to work this morning. I couldn't believe it's Monday either. The weird thing is that the day has gone so fast. Eeek!

    Congrats on almost finishing the demon story! *wg* I'm about to finish the Calista Star story I showed you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I stayed up waaay too late last night too. And I'm dragging a little bit this morning. :)

    I finished a revision last night! A story I sub'd to my editor at Samhain and she asked for revisions/additions. I added 7k to that sucker! Whew, I'm worn out.

    Congrats on the demon story - almost done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My entire weekend slipped away and I have no idea what I did. :( I was going to write, but that didn't happen at all.

    I just started one this morning, but I also just finished one last week, so does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can relate to being tired. I've been up since 5 AM working on edits and trying to catch back up on my writing goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you kidding? This: " I am so tired, I've been spacing out. Ever done that? One minute you're talking and the next - huh? What was I saying? Oh, yeah." - is me ALL the time. lol I have a reputation for being a total blonde (no offense guys, it's an ugly stereotype that won't go away). But it's just cause I'm always spacey. *shrugs* I've learned to use it to my advantage. Ha, ha.

    I'm so happy for you nearly finishing that story! You work like lightning! I have to work out huge plot issues with my latest ms, and then get on it. I've written a lot of chapters, but I'm not anywhere near done.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^