Thursday, March 08, 2007

At a Snail's Pace...

Ok. I know today's pic** is not a snail, but Mr. Catepillar is more colorful and he moves just as slowly.

(Just for the record, Mini crawled up on my lap just now, saw the pic and said, "Ewwwww....") LOL!

I have another busy day slated. I stayed up super late last night working on the demons. There is a chapter throwing me for a loop. Something about it just doesn't mesh. And really it shouldn't be taking me that long on that page - it's just a simple scene. *bangs head on keyboard*

For that reason, I'm putting it aside and moving on today, I can't afford to obsess over it. I still have other chapters to do, and then there are the cabinets to finish - I should be able to cross that off my list today.

Speaking of cabinets... Mom came over yesterday and she loves what I've done with the kitchen. I told her next on the agenda is to rip out the splash board behind the stove. I want a stainless steel one back there. I thought she'd turn her nose to that idea, mom's a bit old fashioned in her tastes, but she actually thought it would be a good idea. After that, I'm repainting the ceilings. All of them. I did the kitchen ceiling, and it looks so fresh against the old, that the rest of the house is now bugging the bejeezers out of me. It won't take me longer than a few hours to put a coat of refresher paint up throughout most of the house.

Today at the Midnight Moon Cafe, there is an awesome interview up featuring author Richelle Mead. She talks about her book Succubus Blues, as well as some of her writing habits. Be sure to check it out! Also, she is giving away a copy of her book. Drop in and enter for your chance to win a copy of Succubus Blues!

That's it for me today, folks. Hell Yeah it's Thursday! ^_^
*doing the Friday dance a day early*

**catepillar photo taken by D. Wilson and K. Lasater

4 comments:

  1. Have a great day! Don't overwork yourself too much! *wg*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the same thought as Mini! lol Ewww....not a big fan of snails or slugs or slithery wormy things.

    Sounds like those demons are really kicking. Do what you can do then give it a minute's rest. That troublesome scene will hit you in the head like a brick when you least expect it. ;)

    And I must say, the work in your kitchen sounds impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I had some of your discipline, at least you're writing. I swear I wrote 3k on Monday and haven't typed a single word since. And I really need to write. sheesh.

    I liked your picture, much better than a snail.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and things fall into place on that chapter for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^