Monday, February 12, 2007

It's Definitely Monday

Mini woke up around one in the morning. I'd just shut down the tv and gone to bed, when he stirred. I went over and checked on him, and he felt a little warm when I pulled him into my arms. I thought it might just be that "sleepy flush" feeling, so I went on to the den with him.

I turned the tv back on, gave him a bottle of strawberry milk, and grabbed some blankets and pillows for the couch. He sat in the recliner a while, watching Boohbah and drinking his ninny. After a while, he piled up on the couch with me. Once he was settled, I admit I was down for the count.

I woke up around 6 when Mini suddenly started crying. I'd barely sat up, when suddenly he turned over and yakked all over me. Oy vey. I leapt up, grabbed him off the couch right as a second wave hit him. He puked from one end of the den to the other. Hubby heard him crying and yucking, and came to see what was up. Mini was inconsolable, understandably. This is the first real puking fest he's ever had.

Fine start for a Monday, yes? This has pretty much been my day - vomit cleaning, rocking young'uns, drying off dogs that keep wanting to dart out into the rain, and changing clothes - mine and Mini's. But at least Mini's fever is down and he hasn't yucked in about four hours. Last time he did that, it was on my bed. Which reminds me, I need to put the sheets in the dryer.

I didn't get a chance to sort through my manuscripts today. Maybe once Mini is able to rest.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, poor Mini! Vomit-cleaning-duty is one of the less favourable parental duties. I've done it many times. It's pretty yuck, but what can you do?

    I hope he feels better soon, and that you both get a chance to rest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Cora, I hope tomorrow is better for you both. It's the worst when the kids are sick, especially when they're little and can't tell you where they hurt. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww, hope he starts to feel better...I know as a mother puke was the one thing I couldn't handle! LOL

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^