Thursday, February 22, 2007

Gotta Put The Past Away

My demon story is on the move. I completed a chapter yesterday and am on to yet another. The day won't end for me until I complete the next one in the chain. The picture is one of a few I collected off the net for setting inspiration.

I broke out a few books - old favorites - and thumbed through them late last night. I'm not sure what it is about those stories that I like so much, but I am going to reread two of them to try and discover where the magic happens for me. This is for research, though. Toward the weekend, I hope to start reading something entirely new. I have a long TBR list, and I have books I bought back in December that I still haven't read. I just haven't taken the time out to pick them up. Only review books. I am ready to pick up a story to read just for the fun of it. Something I don't need to take notes on (yes, I actually do that with review books) while reading.

Oh! I received a postcard from Locks of Love, the other day. They received my hair donation, and sent a personalized thank you/receipt card. I don't have a scanner, but the picture shows a woman's long hair flowing over into a child's hair. It's very beautiful and touching. I saved it for my scrapbook. In a week or two, I'm going to make another hair appointment and get a trim. It's amazing how fast your hair grows. I never noticed before, but now that it's chopped into some kind of style, I can see when it starts getting too long to hold its shape. This go around, I think I may have the sides layered a bit more toward the ends so they "flick out".

That's it for me today. I need to have something to show for before hubby gets home for lunch. That's one of the perks of him working so close to the house - I get to see him at noon everyday. ^_^ Happy day, folks!

7 comments:

  1. Oooh, I love when I get to have lunch with my husband. He doesn't work close to the house but sometimes he just comes home early.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanna do some research for a werewolf novel, but lolly-lolly, where to find the time??? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that New York? Looks a little like Brooklyn Heights. :) Sounds like the story is going well. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl! I'm happy to hear the demon story is progressing. Heh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Annie: I do love getting to see hubby at lunch. His job before this one, I saw him only an hour a night. He was up at three am, and home around 9. He was so whooped all the time, he'd come home, eat, shower, and sleep. This is a very welcome change for us. ^_^

    Zinnia: I hear you, wonderwoman. There simply aren't enough hours in the day!

    Isabelle: You're good, you know that?! It's the Upper West Side in Manhattan. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tempest! Thanks a bunch, hon. Yep, the demons are finally talking to me again. ^_^ If ever you decide you want to check out the first chapter, let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  7. "You're good, you know that?! It's the Upper West Side in Manhattan. ^_^"

    What can I say? ;) I'm pretty familiar with the area and I love it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.