Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Eternal Love

I saw this pic on AOL top news this morning, and thought I'd share because the story that goes with it is so compelling, maybe someone can get some writing inspiration from it.

Archaeologists in Italy have discovered a couple buried 5,000 to 6,000 years ago, hugging each other. This is significant because until now there hasn't been a double burial found in the Neolithic period, let alone hugging.

They believe this is a young couple, because their teeth aren't worn down, however they are doing studies on the bodies to find out the specifics, including how long they've actually been buried, and how they died.

Maybe I'm just weird, but I find this news piece very romantic. A hug for 5000 years. *wipes misty eyes* Most couples don't last two years. Yep. There's a romance story in this somewhere, I can feel it.

On to other things, I am remopping the house today. No more water leaks, but the floor has a weird feeling to it, grainy. Not gritty exactly, but like it's covered in a really fine layer of residue from - heck I don't know, whatever. The water that leaked out yesterday was clean from the tap. Still I can feel it (something) under my bare feet. I gots to do something about it.

I'll be finishing my Freebie today too. I almost had it last night, but my eyes were about to slam shut so I closed it mid-lurve scene. I thought it best to shut it down before I wrote a bunch of stuff that would likely have to be rewritten. *thumbs up* So my goal for today is hot werewolf lovin'. ^_^

Happy hump day!

4 comments:

  1. That IS romantic. And it sparks my imagination like crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is romantic AND amazing! Please let us know if you find out more specifics about this pic. Very interesting. The muse likes it too...

    It's great to hear that the water leaks have stopped. It sucks, huh? We had something similar a few months ago. :/ Not a nice thing to go through.

    Have FUN with the writin'!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yayy on finishing your freebie! Now bitchslap me into finishing mine. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear I'm not the only one who found the skeleton story very romantic. And Yolanda, I will post any updates as I hear about them. I promise. *thumbs up*

    Tempest, after reading Cass's freebie, I realized my freeb needs major tweaking. LOL! So I guess I'm not there just yet. How far has you're progressed? If you need a read through, email me asap!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^