I'm going to bake a cake, even though he says he doesn't want one. Come on, everyone wants cake! I just won't put a forest fire of candles on top and leave it plain. That way if he doesn't like it, there will be dessert for super at least. Too bad I can't bake stuff like that snazzy dragon cake in the picture. Look at that mamajama! I'll be shooting more for my cake being level and edible. *thumbs up*
That's all the news from me today. Except for the following:
Ask a professional a question, and this is what it gets you. Tagged. ^_^
Womens Fiction Book Meme
- Contemporary, Historical, or Paranormal? Paranormal, or paranormal blended with contemporary or historical settings.
- Hardback or Trade Paperback or Mass Market Paperback? Trade or MMP, preferrably.
- Heyer or Austen? Austen.
- Amazon or Brick and Mortar? I like both. Each has benefits.
- Barnes & Noble or Borders? Borders, BN.com has shipping issues. How many different times can they screw up one order? Let me count the ways... 1,2,3...
- Woodiwiss or Lindsay? Lindsay.
- First romance novel you ever remember reading? It was something by Dixie Browning.
- Alphabetize by author Alphabetize by title or random? I arrange into stacks by author, or collection then set them on the shelf by type of book: such as trade pb or mass markets. This is because of the size difference.
- Keep, Throw Away or Sell? Keep some, donate some.
- Read with dustjacket or remove it? With it. I use the flaps for built in bookmarkers.
- Sookie Stackhouse or Anita Blake? Sookie.
- Stop reading when tired or at chapter breaks? When tired.
- It was a dark and stormy night or Once upon a time? Once upon a time, but only when reading to my kids.
- Crusie or SEP? Crusie
- Buy or Borrow? Prefer to buy my own copy. A borrower nor a lender be.
- Buying choice: Book Reviews, Recommendation or Browse? Recommends and browse.
- Tidy ending or Cliffhanger? Satisfying. I don't like needle and thread, carefully stitched shut endings. (Does life somehow spontaneously freeze into perfection after the end of the freaking book? Sheesh.) At the same time, I hate cliffhangers.
- Morning reading, Afternoon reading or Nighttime reading? Anytime there's a quite moment.
- Series or standalone? Both, although it's hard to find a good standalone book. Usually when I do, it's a Harlequin.
- Favorite book of which nobody else has heard? That no one has ever heard of? Hm. There is a favorite short story I know of that I can't remember the name to. It was in a horror anthology I bought back in the early 90s. In that one particular story, a woman goes on an Amazon boat tour, has an affair with a sexy local man who tells her there are animals that come out of the jungle once a year to mate with humans. She goes back home to her husband and kids, and shortly thereafter a cyst develops on her neck. It grows a little, to about the size of a quarter, so she goes to the doctor. He tells her its nothing, to leave it alone. So she does. Then one day she is playing softball outside in the yard with her husband and kids, and the cyst bursts and hundreds of tiny spiders come running out of it, all over her face and neck. It's then, in that moment she's lying on the ground screaming in horror, she recalls the man from the tour. That's the low down version, the novella was much much better. You get the gist of it though. I wish I knew the title of it, or the book the story came from.
Now for the fun part! I'm tagging, lesseee... anyone who got the heebie jeebies from reading about the spider lover novella.
Happy Friday everyone!! *dance, dance*