Thursday, January 18, 2007

Running in Slow Motion

Oh boy, the PMS train has arrived right on schedule. I woke up all crampy this morning, which means I'm ready to grow fangs and snap someone like a twig. While wandering through the house in search of coffee, I hit my pinky toe on one of the wheels of the playpen. I thought for sure I must've axed my toenail when I did that, but I didn't wanna look to see. Yep. That's always lovely first thing out of bed. Tears sprang to my eyes, heat rushed to my face, and I really wanted to shout a string of obscenities, but what good would it do? I sat down on the floor, pinched my freaking toe and held my breath until the pain ebbed.

When the throbbing agony stopped, I opened my eyes and found Mini standing in front of me. He's looking at me like, "Mimi, what the heck are you doing?" He flopped down next to me and waited for me to move, I guess. All I can think is I must've looked a site sitting there in Snoopy pajamas, gripping my toe with my hair going fifty different directions and my eyes closed. Ah yes, gorgeous scenario. I'll land a Vogue cover next month, I just know it. Well, if there's anything I learned this morning, it's this: the theme song for Elmo's World is kinda annoying when you're in pain. :P

Enough of that for now...

Today over at www.midnightmooncafe.blogspot.com there is an awesome interview with writing duo CT Adams and Cathy Clamp for the Midnight Brew. You also have a chance to win a copy of their kick ass shapeshifter novel Howling Moon. Read the interview for the rules on how to enter. Good luck and enjoy the Brew!

3 comments:

  1. Hey Cora, I hope you feel better soon. At naptime, grab a blanket and some hot tea and veg out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes! What a way to start a day! Hope tomorrow's better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, ladies. I curled up with my laptop on the couch and vegged out a bit. Perfect way to spend a cold Thursday. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^