Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Pillow Talk

I did it. I finished the furry pillow. There it is, in all it's muppet pelt glory. Yay!

As soon as it was finished, Mini promptly snatched it off the table and tossed it on the floor. I take that as a toddler stamp off approval. *thumbs up* He's been wandering around the house with it all morning, lounging on it at odd intervals. Hm... I guess I should make him one with Thomas the tank engine on it or something. He digs choo choos, after all.

The back of the pillow has fairy fabric on it. It was a remnant I picked up a few years ago at Hobby Lobby. I've been saving it for a while, and originally intended to make cpk dresses out of it, but of course, slackass that I am, I never got around to it.

I tried to take a closeup of the fairy fabric. The background looks yellow in the pic, but it's actually a very pale blue, and the fairies are a light rosy pink. The color screw up is just my fantabulous photographic skills hard at work. (Hey, I do weddings too, folks.)

Earlier mom saw the cover and asked me to make a few pillows for her den. I agreed, just told her to pick out some yarn and fabric she wanted and I'd make some up for her. I think she's picking that stuff up today. She also wants me to crochet a purple scarf for her. (She wears lots of purple, and decided she doesn't like store bought scarves - too flimsy.) One project at a time, mommy.

I have a new review to write as soon as I have a free moment to do so - probably tonight or tomorrow morning. I got a bit side tracked earlier today, I was working on my demons (a.k.a. pokes manuscript with a stick) and got a message from a friend needing her manuscript looked over. I sat down and read the whole thing start to finish within a few hours, and red marked it for her approval - or disapproval. The story rocked, and barely needed a thing done to it. She's such a heap of talent! I don't think she even realizes it. ^_^

Well, that's enough procrastinating from me today. Off to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.