Thursday, January 11, 2007

Hair in a Box

There it is, the war trophy from the salon. It's been dried, bagged, wrapped, and boxed, and tomorrow I'll be sending it off to Locks of Love.

The hair had to be completely dry before sending, and it took it forever to air dry after my trip to the salon. I didn't want to risk frying it with a blowdryer, so I let it do on it's own. It's hard to tell by looking at it, but that's 15 inches of chopped hair on a sheet of tissue paper. Pretty cool, huh?

Before I boxed it, if you were standing in the house and looking at it from a distance, it sort of had the appearance of a small animal laid out on the dining room table. Like a little cockerspaniel or something. All it needed was a pair of stick-on googly eyes for the final effect. I didn't do that, of course. Even now there's not a split end on the bunch. The hair is in fantastic condition, so I hope they can use it. The pictures on the Locks of Love site are both touching and heartbreaking. I would definitely recommend anyone thinking of cutting their long hair to consider donating.

In other news, my writing buddy, Tempest Knight, emailed me this morning to tell me that my book Wicked Temptation is listed on the 2006 Romance Novels Reader's Poll at the Editors and Predators site. If you have a moment to vote for me, please do.

To vote, go here: http://www.critters.org/predpoll/novelr.shtml
My book is listed in the W's at the bottom of the page. *thumbs up*

Today I plan to work on my demons. Again. I'm trying to polish this thing the best I can, but I still need to add a few thousand words to it. We'll see how much I can add today. I'm hoping Mini will doze on and off to give me a chance to catch up, since he was very restless last night.

We're all still battling this cold stuff, and his stuffy nose is driving him bonkers. Poor thing. They don't make many medicines for infants that you can buy over the counter. Hubby and I picked up these decongestant strips - sort of like those little breath freshner films you place on your tongue and they melt? Anyway, the decongestant strips are made like that. They're easy to give to your kids, just poke one in baby's mouth and hold his hands down until he stops spitting, sputtering, bawling, fussing, and crying like you just fed him a shot of grapefruit juice. Even after that, I spent most of the night rocking him. I think he could breathe better laying semi-upright.

Well, he's dozing - speak of the devil - so I guess I better get to work. I'll hop around and visit you all in a bit!

10 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh Cora that is so cool! I wish I could do that when I cut off my hair, but mine gets so damaged from dying it and blow drying it, no one would ever take it. You totally rock for donating your hair!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a lot of hair! It's such a wonderful thing to do. Good on you for donating it. :)

    Poor little Mini, I know how terrible it is when you can't breathe properly. And you're right, it's harder to medicate little kids. I hope he gets better real soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think thats really wonderful that you are donating like that. Thats a really neat thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure someone is going to appreciate your hair wig very much. I know it will be gorgeous on someone else too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Tara. I had to check into whether they would take my hair if it had been colored. I got lucky because the only way they wont take it is if it's been bleached - I think it's because they're so rough on the hair when making it into the wig. No problem there. I haven't used bleach, but I do like to fry mine with lots of different colors (usually red) every chance I get though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Yolanda. Mini's feeling much better now. He's still got a cough, and he's stuffy at night, but his fever is gone. *relief*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Kelley! Nice to see you here!:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Maureen. I looked at some of the wigs they made over at Locks of Love and the work they do is amazing! Alot of their piece I would never know is a wig if they weren't announcing it as such.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa on cutting off all that hair!

    What is Locks of Love? Can you email me about it? If it is what I suspect, I would like my next royalties to go there.

    Thanks.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi ME, you have mail! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.