Wednesday, January 31, 2007

FrootLoop Necklaces

I have a review to write up today. I've been going back over the book, organizing my thoughts, and making sure I have the names written down right - getting all that jazz together before starting.

First thing up this morning, I wrote a full chapter for an upcoming werewolf story, dabbled with the demons (which now have a completely different and BETTER chapter 2 than before), and managed to search out some guidelines. I've been a busy, busy bee. Somewhere in all this, I also cooked breakfast for Mini and tossed a ball around with him. When nap time rolls around, I'm thinking I might just be more tired than he is!

It's all good though, I like days where I feel like I'm accomplishing something. I can't speak for all writers, but I spend a good 95% of the time feeling like I'm back peddling. Nothing seems to come together until the very last minute, and only then do I see "hey! there's something to this after all!" It's a frustrating way to look at things, but some quirks in life you just can't solve.

5 comments:

  1. Yup, all writers feel that way, I think. I know I feel like I'm spinning my wheels AND back peddling, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah I feel that way too. Two steps forward, twenty back some days. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely feel that way. Productivity, gotta love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean! Sometimes it feels like you're getting nowhere. :/

    Love the days when you feel like you've accomplished stuff! It's the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At least I'm not all alone! Sometimes I feel like I'm never going to finish anything. Suddenly weeks later, I look down and realize my ms is ready to go. It's kinda bizarre.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.