Monday, January 29, 2007

Everything Xs Four

The themometer in our back yard was on 19 degrees this morning when I checked it. Freaking cold! I pulled on some jeans, changed Mini into warmer clothes, turned on Sesame Street, and headed into the kitchen for coffee. I don't know what it was about this morning, but I sat around for about thirty minutes feeling like I was going to cry. Am I nuts, or what?

The weekend went by OK. Hubby got sick on Saturday with some 24 hour bug or something. He was weak, had chills, a pounding headache. It quickly passed, but in that amount of time it was pretty miserable around the house.

We "went out to eat catfish" - which in our neck of the woods means we're going to a seafood restaurant - that same day. Hubby had the all you can eat, the kids wanted burgers, and I had the shrimp platter. Next time I will spring for the gator plate because there just wasn't enough shrimp to go around. Particularly after everyone wanted to sample it. I guess that's a mommy thing. Mom, can I have a bite of that? Honey, are those any good? I also shared the strawberry cobbler I ordered. I thought it would be just a small bowl... oh, was I wrong. The cobbler came in a styrofoam bowl with two scoops of ice cream, whipped topping and a cherry. No way a mere mortal could eat all that. So hubby, Oldest and I did the whole "grab a spoon and dig in" thing. Still, there was cobbler left over. *burp*

My dad met us at the restaurant, and he and Mini played "count the tater tots". When we first arrived, we noticed dad's work crew was there eating lunch. Dad hadn't arrived yet. He showed up, and sat with us. We offered to buy him a fish plate, but he'd already eaten, and had only come by to sit the with the guys and get out of the cold. He kept Mini mostly entertained, or vice versa. Mini kept giving him these funny, cheesy grins.

That was pretty much the highlight of the weekend. Oh, that, and Mini rubbing a whole pot of plum colored lip gloss all over the couch. Talk about a bitch to clean! Lipgloss on microsuede. Somehow I managed to get, I'd say about 98% of it off using one of those carpet scrubbers. There is still a splash of it close to the edge of one of the cushions, but you can't see it unless you're looking for it because the arm rest kinda hangs down over it. I did tell Mini, however, that if he did it again, he'd find himself up for auction on Ebay.

I spent most of the weekend working on my manuscript, and doing a few things around the house. Like repairing the tassels on the scarf I crocheted for mom last year. She somehow mangled the tassels so I replaced them. I also finished that fluffy pillow top. I'll post pictures of it when I have the pillow complete. I read a bit, and also hung around hubby making sure he was comfortable.

Today I'm rewriting a chapter that needs a lot of work. I finished my read through of the book, and now it's time to do something with all the notes I took. So here I am going one more round. On Thursday I'm shelving the book to work on my freebie, which will be only one, long smokin' hot lurve scene. Maybe the shift in perpective will do me good.

Speaking of writing related things, I asked around a bit, and decided I won't be going to Nationals this year. There's really no need. I have nothing to pitch, my best buds aren't going to be there, I hate elbow rubbing, and I sprout symptoms of ADHD everytime I even think about sitting through a workshop. Too bad really because Dallas is sooo close. But I'd rather go when I know it would have some kind of benefit, or I felt like I wouldn't be sitting there by myself twiddling my thumbs.

On a completely different train of thought here... Battlestar Galactica. *OFFICIAL NERD ALERT* I stayed up and watched the new episode twice. I wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. That was probably the most tedious episode ever, but I still wanted to see if Baltar (did I spell that right?) said anything revealing I might've overlooked the first time around. Too, ever since the episode where Deanna saw the final five, I keep trying to go back and think of anyone she might've had cause to apologize to, and the only person I can think of is Caprica. She and Baltar basically turned a cold shoulder to her when she was asking what they were up to when they were sneaking around doing their whole prophecy seeking thing. Out of all the character's, I like her personality best, so that would be pretty cool to see her as one of the last ones standing.

That's it for me today. I think I'll hope over to the MMC to see what's shaking over there. Happy Monday, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^