Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Brrr.... and Progress

It is cold. Freezing. My poor toes. I've kept Mini in pjs all day to be certain he doesn't get frost bitten peds. I'm wearing shoes in the house - which is almost unheard of. Not because I have a thing about shoes in the house, but because I fancy going barefoot all the time - except for when my toes get so freaking cold it feels like it would take only one good knock and they'd shatter like glass.

I've been working on my demon story all day, and researching NYC a bit as I go. I want to make sure everything is where it should be as I'm writing - I have to at least have it straight in my mind. I am not usually so detailed about setting in particular areas, but I wanted to make sure I had the streets running the right direction, Central Park where it should be, and to make sure I at least partly understood the way Manhattan is sectioned off. (Talk about confusing to a non-New Yorker!) Thankfully, New York keeps awesome websites for locals and tourists. *blows kiss*

I'm over the 16k with the demons now, and I haven't even added my missing scenes in yet. Woot! So I have about 4k left to have the required length in the bag. That's a big relief. Especially since I always save filling out the smutty scenes until the very last. That usually gives the final word count a big push in the right direction. I finally feel like I'm getting somewhere.

Ooh, about today's pic! Last night I was browsing the news, and came across this picture. If I understood the caption right, this is what scientists say is left of the Pillars of Creation in the Eagle Nebula. I was floored when I saw this. I remember when the Eagle Nebula pictures were revealed out of that first bunch taken by the Hubble. Oh, so gorgeous... Now the pillars of dust are gone and you get this sort of green, fanned out gas cloud. *sniff, sniff* Ah, well, it's still beautiful. Supposedly we won't know for sure, as the light from this particular neck of the universe takes 7000 years to reach us. Wow!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Cora!

    That's a gorgeous pic. And it's great to hear that you're getting so close to the desired length for your story. Very cool!

    Sorry to hear it's so cold though. Here in Sydney it finally feels like summer. :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its cold here in Southern Cali too. I think its cold just about every place right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Dance! We finally got snow yesterday! Although, it was only a few flurries. I'm still praying to the Gods of Winter for my 4ft so I can build snowWOmen! LOL

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^