Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Words for the New Year

I don't know about everyone else, but I'm definitely looking forward to the New Year. I look at it a lot like the Playstation reset button on my life - a period of renewal and second chances. Life may not be a game, but there are definitely times it calls for changes to the master plan. What is it called when you're a kid... a "do over"? I'm all about the "do over". Sweep the messes under the rug and lets get crackin'. I'm an out with the old, in with the new, type of person.

A lot of people I know no longer make resolutions, but I like to keep with the tradition and make a short list - and I don't put things on there I don't think I can keep. Why make myself miserable? Why start out a new beginning by tagging on a struggle? I want change, not added insanity. Instead I try to list goals that are pleasant, positive, and attainable with only a little work or a minor lifestyle change. Like the year I resolved to spend more time with my Oldest son, and less time poking away at a calculator and stressing over bills. Consider it done! I managed to keep both of those resolutions, and feel I'm better for it.

I'm still mulling over what this year's list will be, but I saw this saying on a friend's myspace page and I feel it's a good motto to adopt for 2007. At the very least, it's a step in the right direction.


Besides, who doesn't want a few more "worth it" moments?

* * * * * *

Tomorrow hubby is back to the grind, so we've decided to do get out of the house for a bit and do a few errands and things - drive the boys around. Toward the afternoon I plan to work on my demons a bit - if I can keep out of the new books long enough to do what's necessary!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^