Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Welcome to the Darkside


I did it! I switched to the new version of Blogger. Too many folks I know have already made the switch and I was having trouble visiting them, so here I am. Now I shall celebrate my niftiness by posting a picture of a Christmas Tree. :P I guess it will take me a few days to figure out what all the cool new features are supposed to be.

I didn't do much writing today, I spent most of it reading ebooks for review. I finished a really good werewolf story today and will write up a review for it tomorrow. Hopefully over Xmas I'll be able to catch up on all my ebook reviews. I hate to keep people waiting, and thanks to my pesky writing demons, I have fallen behind on getting them out this go around.

While waiting for my blog to cross over today, I got a call from hubby at work and I reminded him he better get his rump to the video store pronto and get a few new releases rented. If he rents now, we'll have them through Xmas. Nothing against the movies A Christmas Story, It's a Wonderful Life, and Scrooged, but I've seen them all about fifty thousand freaking times, and it seems those are the only shows they put on TV Xmas day - or is that just me? So, I think (I hope!) hubby is going to mind my request. *crosses fingers* I better send mental vibes his way - I hope he picks up that horror movie Rest Stop.

Ooh, ooh! Speaking of movies, I have to see Children of Men. I just caught the preview for it a few days ago. It has Anthony Hopkins in it, and as far as I can tell, it's a futuristic movie revolving around women no longer being able to have babies. Kind of A Handmaid's Tale kind of thing going on in there, it seems. Sounds right up my alley! I've got this one at the top of my TBSeen list. Maybe I'll get lucky and convince hubby to see this one in the theater.

5 comments:

  1. I'd like to see See No Evil. I watch WWE Wrestling every Monday night, so I'm interested in seeing how the big guy, Kane, does at playing the fiend in the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh! I know just what movie you're talking about. I love slasher flicks and Hubby pointed that one out to me at Walmart last week. It looks like a pretty good movie. I hadn't heard Kane went into films.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the darkside. Whoa... I just had a Darth Vader moment there. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are a ton of new movies coming out that look good and Children of Men is one of them. I want to see that too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you get some time to relax and watch those great movies. They are on my list to watch also. DH and I watched The Ring2 last night. Very interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^