Friday, December 08, 2006

Snowball fight!


Splat! If you're reading this, you've been hit with the first snowball of the season! That's right. Didn't even see it coming, did you?

Neenie Neenie, boo boo! I got you, and you can't get me back! *booty wiggle* :P

Little Sis hit me with this last night, so now I gotta defend the home turf. Ha! ^_^

Today is bill paying day, and since hubby is on 7 days a week for the time being, looks like I'm going to be road tripping with my mother to run errands. Yeah, yeah... maybe I should ask Santa to fix the brakes on hubby's car so I can have my Jeep back. Ah, well. I miss having a way to up and go whenever I want, but on the otherhand, I really don't mind having the extra time with Mom. We live five minutes away from each other, and we talk on the phone quite a bit, but don't we see one another in person much because we have our own thing we do. I am home with the kids and she has her circle of ladies she likes to henpeck with. It seems normal to us here, but as I type about it, I realize just how odd that sounds.

It is freaking cold this morning. 14 degrees outside our house on the temp gauge. I almost couldn't force myself to climb out of bed. Mini was asleep before hubby got home last night at around 8pm, so when he stirred around 11pm and saw his daddy was home, he was up and running. Oh, lordy, the talking... He chitter chattered endlessly! I took him to the den to try to avoid him keeping hubby awake - poor guy has to get up at 3:30 am to get ready for work again. So Mini and I snuggled on the couch, but he stayed awake until well after 2 am.

He finally passed out as that old movie The Fury was going off. By the time I carried him to his toddler bed, and I climbed in with hubby, I was so cold and tired I was nearly hallucinating. At some point Mini crawled back in the big bed after hubby left for work, because he was there when I woke up. Rather, he woke me up this morning saying, "Mimi. Oh, Mimi..." I looked at the clock and almost croaked: 6 am. Call me an optimist, but I'm thinking at some point, one day, this kid is going to actually sleep.

I put him in a fleece sleeper when we got up and tucked his shoes on his feet. I'm going to put a zip up jacket over the ensemble when gram gets here. As silly as that sounds, it will be warmer than jeans. We don't usually get very cold weather here, so when times like this come about, we're usually ill prepared in the clothing deparment. I'm sure Mini won't mind in the long run - as long as there is no photographic evidence. LOL

More demon rewrites for me today. Before and after errands today, I'm tackling a new chapter. My word count has creeped up by a small margin, but not nearly enough, so far. I'm needing to cram in at least another five or six thousand words into this thing.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous1:04 PM

    Sounds like you're making progress on the demon smut - good for you!

    My son has weird sleep patterns too. He passed out on me last night before he even ate dinner. And that was it, he was done for the night. Little booger.

    Stay warm!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^