Saturday, December 16, 2006

Shaking the Presents

I know we should be grateful for every gift we get, after all, it is the thought that counts. But have you ever gotten a gift you opened and thought, HUH?

Like green checkered stretch pants with sparkle cuffs, or light up socks. You open these astonishing treasures, and your brain fizzles. All you can do is paste on a smile and thank your relative - who at that moment looks like a proud retriever who just dragged in a dead duck. It's not so much the bad present that has you cringing - it's wondering what on Earth would make Uncle Joe and Aunt Matilda attribute dayglo orange angora legwarmers to you.

I have received my fair share of bewildering gifts - thankfully no singing Billy Bass fish plaque or anything like that - but a few have come close. Like the belted sweatshirt dress I got back in 1995. (It even had a collar!!!)

I want to hear it. If you're reading this, I want to know what was the worst/craziest/most bewildering gift you've ever received?

BTW, the one gift I do hope to get this year is a new digital camera. My old one died, so I can no longer chase my kids around the house snapping pictures of them in awkward moments. Come on, Santa! Bring me a new digi cam, I need as much blackmail footage as I can get. ^_^

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:52 PM

    My hubby & got that Billy Bass plaque a few years ago as a joke. Oh boy...

    MY FIL gave me a chia pet last year for Xmas. That's it. I thought that was super lame.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:54 PM

    My hubby & got that Billy Bass plaque a few years ago as a joke. Oh boy...

    MY FIL gave me a chia pet last year for Xmas. That's it. I thought that was super lame.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:38 PM

    This guy I went out with one time sent me a bone necklace (Indian style) with some kind of foot/toe dangling from the front of it. I never went out with him again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ch-ch-ch-Chia! Oh, that's great! ^_^ I actually like chia pets, but that is pretty bizarre as a Xmas gift. lol

    At least it's not a belted sweatshirt dress. "Oh, come on, Cora, try it on. I bet it'll look just loooovely on you." Meh. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hm, a toe necklace. How fashionable! ^_^ Hehehehe! Want to borrow the sweatshirt dress?

    (Just kidding, I swear! Please don't hit me. lol)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous9:29 PM

    It wasdn't for Christmas, but for V-day once I got a plastic blinking rose. Oh joy.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.