Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Seven Days to Xmas


I've been slowly editing my way through my demon story. By far the first chapter has been the worst. I've lost count of the number of times I've rewritten it, but finally it feels like I've got it where it needs to be. No where else has this story tripped me up so much as this. The word count is just shy of 14k words now. Still have another 6k to find in this story. I'm thinking that shouldn't be too much of a stretch. Reading through the book, I've found two scenes that are more bare bones than I like, and two scenes are still missing. So, I think this will round out nicely. It's just a matter of getting the job done.

I'm wondering though how this book will fare with my publisher - maybe they will think the hero a little too coarse for erotic romance. My hero is hardly a good guy, and I'm not talking about dominance issues. My heroine seems to love him; he loves her, but he's definitely an anti-hero type. He goes around slaying his own kind, for goodness sake! We'll see, we'll see... If nothing else, I'm sure I'll find a home for it somewhere. I'm just gonna write it as I see it, and go from there.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:44 PM

    Will I be allowed to leave a comment? Waaah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:22 AM

    I like a hero that's different. It's about time that our heroes begin to mimic real life. Just because they aren't the norm doesn't mean that they won't be accepted by the reader. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Karen, I've been having fits with blogger too. :-( They need to pick a version and stick with it already. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's good to hear, Scooper. I do like heroes to at least fit the character they are portrayed as, and with him being a demon... well, I just don't see him the type asking permission for things. Know what I mean?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if they don't like it (but I'm sure they will) you can always branch out with other publishers. Good way to get your name out there and further your writing career.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^