Friday, December 22, 2006

A Kitty M'ow Says

Mini did a cute thing last night. I was taking the pork chops out of the oven and dropped one of the pot holders on the floor by accident. The pot holder has a black and white cat on it, so when Mini picked it up, I pointed to the kitty and told him, "Kitty m'ow" - which is his special term for a cat.

His response to this? "Meeeeooooow."

Well! I guess he nailed that one. It sounded so convincing Oldest came out of his room thinking I'd brought a kitten in the house. ^_^ Nope. After a moment of explaining what happened, Mini performed his stunning "meow solo" for his brother. Oldest was stunned. I'd be searching the house for kitten if I didn't know it came from Mini. Funny, really, since we don't even have a kitty m'ow, only a two elderly dogs. :P

I'm going shopping for Christmas food stuff tomorrow. Oldest said he'd rather make gingerbread men than the house. I'm alright with that! Easier to store - cookies are. So I need cookie fixin's, ham, fudgy things, more pickles, and a bag of potatoes... and probably another cart full of things I'm forgetting now. ^_^ Better write a proper list!

15 comments:

  1. My toddler is starting to talk like crazy now. Lord help us, another mouth to add to my loud household!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww re: Mini.

    Good luck with getting your last minute bits and bobs. Our town was so heaving with people today we kind of just drove right past it and got our last bits at our little local store!

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grocery shopped yesterday. Ugh.

    My kids crawl around on the flooring meowing, saying they're kitties. My son is especially convincing. Maybe yours and mine can get together and communicate. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute kitties and kiddies! Good luck with the last minute prep - I did that all day today and still have more to do tomorrow. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Yule! I've got all my cooking done. Especially the "coquito." *lol* No way I could let that one slip. Hehehe! Yeah, rum for Christmas. Like Jack Sparrow would say, "Welcome to the Caribbean."

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute picture. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so cute! I hope you and yours have a fantastic holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Doing my last round of blogs before yuletide descends.

    Merry Christmas, my friend.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Zinnia, LOL! Gotta love the chitter-chatter of little bitties in the house. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's what we've done as well, ME - sticking to the small local stores to avoid the traffic. Even in town it's getting rather full and busy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ROFL, Karen! I'm sure the kids would get along very well in Kitten-ese. lol ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Holidays, Jennifer! I hope you have fun pulling together all the last minute details. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tempest, lucky lady! All your cooking done! I haven't even started. If you lived closer I'd be trying to lure you over to help me in the kitchen. Hehe! Happy Yule, hon!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas, Annalee! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy holidays to you as well, Kimberly!

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.