Friday, December 01, 2006

It's Freaking Cold


Mini apparently had a nightmare this morning. He woke up screeching for his daddy, and in his attempt to give me heart failure and beat me to a pulp - two birds with one stone, you know - he clobbered me with a 5 AM headbut right to the face.

It took me several minutes to calm him down, and explain that daddy isn't "gone", he's gone to work. Oy, what a morning. I got up with him after that, and we came into the den. I turned Sesame Street on for him and found couldn't get the coffee on fast enough.

Oldest, who mystifies me by wearing sweat pants in the summer, and who won't put on a damn pair of gloves or a tobogan in the winter to save himself, wanted to stand in the dining room with the front door wide open to the 20 degree chill and wait for the bus that way. Uh, hell no. You're not freezing me and Mini to death! Go layer up, kid. He pouted around about it, but it appears the gods are merciful - the school bus came and took him away to the Land of Angst for a few hours.

In another twenty minutes or so, I should be able to call hubby and let Mini talk to him a minute. He's still toddling around looking for his daddy. In the meantime, I'm going to dig out my demons and get them ready. Yep. I'm finishing the draft today by adding those two scenes I mentioned adding days ago. Slackass... Yeah, that's me. I went to bed telling myself I'd just bite the bullet and finish it. If it's too short, I'll sub it elsewhere. I've got too much going on here to worry about it right now.

This morning, first thing online, I went to the Advent Calendar. For those who might Neo or otherwise care, there was 350 Neopoints, a pop-up Braintree card, and a mini decorated Braintree. Cute! That's the Braintree in my pic today. After seeing the Halloween Lupe in the pic next to him, I'm starting to think I might need one. *lol* ^_^

By the way, Neopets.com owns all the rights and indicia, the characters and their names and the rights to those names, and the artwork, and all that blah, blah, blah for today's post picture. Gotta write that. The NeoTeam get their Neo-Nickers in a twist if you don't post that stuff when using their pics offsite. Oink.

8 comments:

  1. Aw poor mini and poor you. There's nothing quite like waking up to a head injury, hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby. I've had a similar thing happen when I had a little one. Hope the day gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor mini!! And poor mommy! My daughter did the same thing a few months ago. Drifted off to sleep and I happened to be in her bedroom. She FREAKED OUT, screamed hysterically that there were spiders on her. I literally had to shake her to snap her out of it. I've never heard such a scream in my life. Never want to hear it again either.

    So I feel your pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:36 PM

    I never did get into NeoPets. My one dau did for a while, but it didn't last long.

    Hope Mini feels better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim, LOL! The head injury thing is right on the money. He really clocked me one. I saw stars it hurt so bad. But he was so freaked I didn't have time to dwell on the pain. Just had to sit there with my eyes watering and nose running. *_*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Mia! Luckily the day did get better. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eek! Your poor daughter, Karen! I used to have dreams about spiders all the time when I was little. I still have the occassional dream of them, but it's nothing now like it was then.

    When I was about 9 I dreamed a HUGE web had strung up beside my bed and blocked the doorway. There were these enormous black spiders all over it. These critters were every bit as large as birds. And everytime I'd try to get up out of bed it would jingle the web and they'd start scuttling. *_* The dream was so real, I completely freaked out.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Faith, I have to confess... I'm a Neopets junkie. I've been on the site now for about 5 years? Am I setting off any nerd warning bells yet?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.