Sunday, December 03, 2006

I'm Schtuck! I'm Schtuck!

Yep, it's true. I'm stuck to the frozen pole of "writer's block". I don't usually get w/b, but on the rare occassion I do, I know it's because I've made a serious goof somewhere in my story and I need to fix it.

My husband never reads my romance material. The one and only time he picked up a manuscript and secretly read mywork, he had a jealous fit over my hero that brewed for three days. That was the end of that. No more manuscript browsing for you! However, I was having such fits the other day, I sat down and read sections of my demon story aloud to him - minus the slutty bits, of course. He liked the idea behind the story, the transitions, etc. I thought it was okay too. So where the hell is the problem? Why isn't it flowing?

I would send this stuff out to my CPs, but it really isn't polished enough for that yet. I'm not sure they could make heads or tails of it. Maybe if I spit the chapters and work from back to front...

Yesterday was otherwise a pleasant day. We went on our weekly bill paying expedition that ended with lunch at Ryan's. I'm not sure what was up there, but the only meat they had on the buffet was fried chicken. Even so, it was good.

We shopped a bit for Xmas, and bought my dad's gifts. The main thing he's getting is software. We picked out a few things, one program in particular I know he'll love - it's a really nice one for creating screensavers. He's a screen saver kinda guy. ^_^ I'm sure he'll be burning down his handy work and passing it out to all of us after the first of the year. LOL

Tomorrow it's back to the grind. I'm hoping to get in as much writing today as possible. I can barely believe it... only three weeks til Xmas!

4 comments:

  1. I'm stuck too - I just can't write anything!!!! And I can't believe it's almost Xmas either...crazy how fast the time goes by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous3:48 PM

    LOL I have edits to do, but first things first, I must pack my stuff up! URGH!

    Good luck getting unstuck!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm stuck too. I know once I start writing on my latest again I'll get it done. It's being arsed to open the doc. that's the problem.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about getting stuck. I was that way last week. I have put the manuscript aside for a few days and worked on a different one. Sometimes this helps, and I'll be ready to dig back in to the other one and pound the keyboard with added fire in my fingertips.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^