Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas Bells

Last night I had a writing epiphany. It's been a while since I had one of those, and I think I must've spent a good hour writing notes in the dark so I wouldn't forget anything. I'd just put Mini boy down for the night when it came to me, and I didn't want to chance waking him up, so I plugged in this little funky halloween lamp made up like a skull with candelabra bulbs coming off of it to give me some light. Only one of the flicker bulbs was working, so I squinted and wrote as fast as I could. So now I have an outline for a new story, as soon as I finish the demons. Woohoo!

Oldest is out of school for the holidays, so today I have to do a little shopping. Boy, can that kid EAT! He's so slim too. Sometimes I have to wonder, where does the food go? To his feet? I have to buy a few things to get ready for Xmas dinner today, and I suppose I should've planned a little better than what I have done. All I had in mind for the main event was ham, potato salad, baked macaroni, and fudge. That sounds... I don't know. Like it's missing something. But I don't want to cook too much - there won't be anyone to take home left overs. This year it's just going to be the four of us for Xmas day, we're celebrating with my parents Xmas Eve.

I guess I should be getting dressed by this point, and rounding up the kids. They're going with me on the weekly bill paying expedition. Now if I can just remember what I did with my shoes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^