Hubby came home last night to tell me he had a run-in with a deer - in my Jeep! I about had a cow, asking him if he was okay, and if the Jeep was damaged. We've had several vehicles towed to the shop because a Bambi decided to do that old chicken routine. Luckily there was no damage this time, and hubby wasn't hurt. When I found that out, I have to admit I actually got a bit miffed with him because of the way he broke the news to me -you know, the man dramatics. The big fish type tale of how bad it was. All that shit leaving me to think something very serious had happened, when all there was to show for was a big stringer of deer snot on the back window. Hubby finally wised up and smoothed things over with me. I don't think he wanted to sleep on the couch last night.
Anyway, I managed to rework the first chapter of my demons story last night. Woot! Now to get cracking on the next one. If I can just work up a chapter every few days, I will be able to consider it progress made. :P
I guess I better get about working on my manuscript before my mom comes to pick me up. We have errands to run. Oh, if you're looking for something fun to do, I posted a bunch of goodies over at the Midnight Moon Cafe today. You might want to check that out.
BTW, the lovely Christmas Star fractal picture is by Vickie Brago-Mitchell. I saved it as my desktop wallpaper. Mini calls it a "Fw'ower." His version of flower. Very good! It does actually look like a flower, doesn't it? ^_^ Anyway, you can set it as a free wallpaper if you go here.
One more thing before I go. Yep, I've been tagged. I was tagged days ago, actually, but I'm a slackass, I'm just now getting around to untagging myself. :P
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg nog, because I only drink it once a year.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa Wraps everything that will fit in sparkly gift bags.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? We have a multicolored fiber optic tree. Groove.a.delic, man.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Yes, whenever we can find some of it. Not this year though.
5. When do you put your decorations up? After Thanksgiving... as soon as I'm motivated enough to drag everything out.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Baked ham and mustard potato salad.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? Getting my first Cabbage Patch Kids, Adolf Brent, Xmas of 1983.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? Do you mean when I learned that Santa is actually a Chippendale dancer named Sergio?
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Some of them. The ones we open with my parents.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? With child proof ornaments - usually silk baubles, ribbons, and stuffed pieces.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? We don't get snow here - very rarely an ice storm.
12. Can you ice skate? Nope. Never tried ice skating.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? My first CPK in 1983. I still have him.
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cut out sugar cookies.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Watching the ball drop on New Years Eve night.
17. What tops your tree? A star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? Both.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Little St. Nick, by the Beach Boys.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Depends on the candy canes. I like the chewy ones. Or just crush them up for making homemade peppermint bark.
I'm tagging... hm, lets see.... Who haven't I tagged? Ok. I'll tag Batty! I think she's the only one who hasn't posted this list yet. lol