Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Working For the Weekend

Is it Friday yet? I've been cleaning this morning - no writing just yet. I thought I'd wait until Mini got ready for his nap, but guess what... he's still awake! To pass the time I decided to clear out my comp, do the laundry, run the dishwasher, and pull the wine bottle pictures from my digi cam.

There they are in all their glory - three wine bottles filled with 50 Xmas lights each. I usually like solid colors best, but I do believe the multi color one is my favorite. It doesn't show so well in the picture, but at night the multi colors put off a stained glass effect. C'est merveilleux!

They make a gorgeous night light, but before I can trust to leave them on all night, I'm going to have to break out the high speed drill and punch a few holes in the bottles in places. The bottles get very hot after the lights stay on a while. I figure they'll do better with some vent holes.

I have one last scene I want to add to my demons today. I've been thinking about it for a while now, and I don't think the idea will leave me alone until I try it. There's a transitional scene from when the heroine goes from one place to the next, and it feels too jarring. I want to smooth that out. Too, it will add to the word count. After that, I'm going to print it up once again and give it a thorough read through. It's a bit short still, but I'm thinking that will round out during rewrites. I have a good feeling I can get this baby done by the end of December.

Just a note to self and to other Neopet fans before I close today - set your computer reminders. The Advent Calendar starts Friday! Don't miss out on the month long freebies. ^_^

6 comments:

  1. I'm a big fan of blue lights myself...my dad always puts up blue lights on the house for Xmas.

    Those are sooooo cool!!! If I had an ambition I'd do them myself. But I lack ambition. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always loved the blue lights too. I think I got into the blue ones after I had Oldest. We had a white tree that year and strung nothing but blue lights and ornaments on it. A baby boy's first Xmas tree. Wow, that was a long time ago....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:25 AM

    Ohhhh Cora, those are beautiful! I may have to steal that idea only cause it's just really gorgeous!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Steal away, Tara! I went to a pottery shop and saw they had made some of these - three bottles for $21.00 - yikes! That's where I got the idea to make them at home. They are gorgeous at night, and so easy to make. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wine bottle lights! How creative. Best of luck on the re-writes.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.