Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Wicked Temptation gets the Freya Award!



Squeeeeee! It's my first review for Wicked Temptation - check it out!

Anya Audridov receives a visit late in the night from her sister, Eleni. Bearing multiple vampire bites, Eleni suffers from Biter's Addiction--her vampire lover bit her and threw her out of his home, keeping the Audridov family heirloom, a necklace called 'The Bleeding Heart'.

Anya calls on Dominic Lisandro, her former vampire lover, to help. Dominic agrees to help on one condition: Anya must return to his home and live with him as his premiere woman. Together they seek the return of 'The Bleeding Heart'.

Wow! What a great book! This is the first vampire tale that literally transported me to their world. The imagery is vivid, and I especially enjoyed the Halloween party scene. I pictured the costumes and felt like I was there in the throng.

The erotica in Wicked Temptation was an eye opener. Written with excellence, I admired the way Ms. Zane portrayed an orgy scene with such tact. It wasn't sleazy, but actually loving.

I loved Dominic Lisandro. I wanted to hate him for his abrupt manner, but his inner feelings for Anya made me realise his gruff exterior hid a life-long love for her.

I highly recommend this book. With action from the first sentence, I found myself carried along by the plot and excellent characters. Wicked Temptation will get more than one read from me.

I give Wicked Temptation the Freya Award.


Rating: Freya Award



Tuesday, 31 October 2006
Wicked Temptation Reviewed by Michelle Ellis © 2006
Wild Child Publishing.com © 2006
Title: Wicked Temptation
Author: Cora Zane
Publisher: Cobblestone Press
ISBN: 978-1-60088-053-7
Genre: Vampire/Erotica
Rating: Wicked
Length: Novella
Author's Website: http://www.corazane.com/


http://www.wildchildpublishing.com/content/view/313/101/

10 comments:

  1. That is so cool! And, on my list to buy! LOL Congrats!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy spotted milk cows on a popcicle stick! You've got to have amazing material to get that award. Rock on, Cora! Woot! Doing the two-step mountain happy dance for you, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woot. Huge congrats on the review. Freya's doesn't hand those out to just anyone!!! Way to go!!!!!

    Hope Nano is going well

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woot woot! That book rocked so I'm not surprised...

    Congrats Cora!! You're da bomb!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really pleased you're so happy! Freya Awards are for only the very special. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you deserved it! It's a great story, chica.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, ladies, for celebrating with me! I'm very happy with the review. It's my first recommendation, so that feels pretty snazzy. ^_^

    Zinnia! Spotted milk cows on a popcicle stick! *lol*

    Actually, that sounds rather yummy now that I think about it... Are they chocolate cows?

    ReplyDelete
  8. *smiling*

    Glad you liked the review!

    I have the urge to read your book all over again, LOL

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Cora,

    I'm so proud of you for getting that award. "Wicked Temptation" was an amazing read and I'm eagerly looking forward to reading any future books in that series.

    Warm regards,
    Michelle Foxe
    http://www.lovebitesforever.blogspot.com (Whenlove bites, you've got to bite back)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^