Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Run, run, as fast as you can...

I sat to write this morning, but couldn't seem to get into the groove of it. After staring at the same page for about three hours, I decided to call it quits. The first draft of the demon story is technically finished, but it's no where near the required length, and needs much rewriting. I was trying to add in a scene this morning without having to practically recreate the majority of the book, but I'm not sure if that's possible. Too, I was trying to think where I could put a certain love scene, and if I should take out one of the fight scenes. What a pain in the ass! Oh, yes indeedy. I do believe this will be my first and last demon book. I'm not even finished with it yet, but I'm ready itching to start a new project. I can't do that though. I must finish this one. Besides that, I have a self proclaimed rule against manuscript hopping. I never finish anything when I do that.

On a lighter note, I was digging through my office late yesterday and found out one of my old, old manuscripts with a working title called Way of the Wild. I was about to throw it away, but decided to read through a bit of it before chucking it. Midway through the second chapter, I realized with some shock that this particular piece of junk might be worth reworking. I also realized that with some tweaking to the plot, I could turn the book into a werewolf story. How about that? I set the manuscript on top of my desk. Once my demons are written, I'll take another look at it.

Hubby's leather jacket arrived this morning via FedEx. I took it out of the box and it is gorgeous. It smells good too. It's so heavy I almost couldn't get it back in the packing box. I'm thinking I'll probably get a bigger box to tuck it in before wrapping it and putting it under the tree.

Well, that's pretty much it for me today. Off to go try to lay Mini down for a nap!

6 comments:

  1. That last pic is whacky...

    I can't bear to part w/ all of my old crappy manuscripts. I've tried, but I just can't toss them. They're fun to read. Some of them are soooo bad.

    Glad to hear it might be salvagable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:02 AM

    Finding something you've written and that spark hitting you it wonderful! I have a few stories like that. The pics are a little weird!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great that you can re-work something old. I'd love to find the time to do that.

    One day...

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Karen, I'm glad you appreciate the whacky bizarreness. I swear, I came across that pic and couldn't stop staring at it. *_*

    Oh, gosh, the old manuscripts. I have boxes of them. And they are terrrrrible. Oy. This one I found needs serious help, but it's far more salvagable than anything else I've found. Hehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The spark is definitely wonderful, Tara. I love getting that when I come across something I had heart for a long time ago. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. One day you will, ME. *wink* Or you'll find something that grabs you and won't leave you alone until you do rework it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.