Thursday, November 09, 2006

Pumpkin Days


Hubby woke up late this morning, and tried to make a dash to work, but about halfway there called and cancelled. So, he's home with me today. On his way back to the house, he stopped by the store and bought Mini and Oldest a copy of the new Cars movie, so I'm sure they'll be busy in front of the TV soon as daddy gets a bite to eat. Oldest is at school, but I know he'll be watching it the minute he's in through the door.

Speaking of Oldest... it's spirit week at school. Yesterday he dressed up as one of the characters from Naruto. Today I got out of bed to find him trying to dress like a hippie. Naruto, I'm not too sure about, hippie, I can do. I raided the closets, found some baggy jeans, a pancho, and went to my jewelry box for a string of love beads--a string I made in high school. Ha! I was too cool for school, no? Anyway, we made a passable hippie out of him, and out the door he went... pinching Mini's fingers in the process. Much kissies fixed the boo-boos, and now I'm finally sitting down with my first cup of coffee.

I'm going to work on my NaNo today. I made it up to 7900 yesterday, but no topping the 8k mark. Ho hum. I'll do it today though, and with hubby home, maybe I can get more writing in than usual. I need to get in as much as possible, because later this week I have to start making plans for Thanksgiving dinner--sorting recipes, making shopping lists. Checking the pantry for what I already have. I am considering baking cranberry cookies for a change from the traditional sugar batch. I'm not sure if I can find the jelly around here, but it's a thought...

For those looking for some good reading, drop by the Midnight Moon Cafe today! Author Bev Walton-Porter is today's Midnight Brew interview, and she has a cool new book out called Sun Signs for Writers. Check it out!

10 comments:

  1. Oh I need to pick up the Cars movie for my daughter. Her birthday is on Sunday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh don't remind me of Thanksgiving. It's TWO WEEKS away! I need to get crackin'.

    Hope you get lots of writing done.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! Love beads! Man, that sure brings memories. We so totally rocked! This generation doesn't know what they missed out. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh I loved Cars AND spirit week! That was one of my favorite times in high school!

    Congrats on the word count! Keep it up!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy early birthday to your daughter, Shelli. Do get the Cars movie for her--she'll love it. It's very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hear ya, Karen! It takes me two weeks just to get everything organized... and I won't even go into what it's like for Xmas. I haven't bought the first gift yet.

    I've decided to buy the pies this year, and focus on the main things. The baking can really tie me down. I am going to make those windowpane cookies though... I've been thinking about them all week. *drool* ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tempest! Gotta love the love beads. ^_^ I made that string back in highschool. My girlfriends and I used to sit outside the school by the band ramp during lunch and make beads and flower chains. Must've looked odd... half of us in all black and heavy eyeliner, the rest of us in tie dye and sandals. Ha! We thought we were just too cool back then, too. ^_^ I have a lot of fond memories of those times. *smile*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Son has been big into spirit week this year, Tara. He's dressed up every day they had something going on. Seems like he's had a good time. ^_^

    Thanks on the word count boost! I'm up to 8k. How's the NaNoing going on your end?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for being so welcoming me over at MMC last night! ;-) Let's keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bev! Thanks for dropping by! You're always welcome here and at the MMC. :-) The interview went so well... You did a fantastic job.

    We definitely need to keep in touch. I couldn't get it to comment as much as I wanted, but I could go on for days about sun signs and natal charts. We'll have to get together on that sometime! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.