Monday, November 06, 2006

It's Raining Again


The rain woke me up this morning. It was really pouring down out there. I thought about going and unplugging the TV and dishwasher just to be safe (we've lost it all to lightning once) but after a minute lying there thinking about it, I realized it wasn't lightning or thundering out. Just solid rain.

I got up in time to see Oldest a few minutes, ask if he had his gym uniform, watch him eat breakfast, and give him lunch money. This whole time I kept telling myself to make coffee. Here it is 8:30 and I still haven't done it. I don't know what has happened. I am dragging!

Yesterday was pure chaos. Hubby and I went grocery shopping and stopped on the way home to eat Chinese. Mini was in a half coma by then, ready to drop into a snooze at any moment. We barely got him home before he was sleeping. Then Dad dropped by twice, the first time Mini was napping, so he decided to come back later when he was awake. It's the only day of the week he really gets to see him. I tried to get some writing in around this time, but managed only a few notes. Nothing actually on the comp. *sigh* My first no-write NaNo day. As long as it doesn't become a pattern.

Hubby and I also had to deal with Oldest about the Fungus Cave. I've been after Oldest for three weeks to clean that mess of a room. Hubby walked through it to light one of the gas heaters in there on Thursday night when it got so cold, and he was shocked the room was as bad as it was. *lol* Can you tell we never go in there? To be honest, I'm scared what I might find... mice, wiggling squirming green things... I don't really know.

Anyway, we finally decided grounding was the only way we'd seen any progress made. So we agreed no TV for Oldest until the room is clean--whether that takes two days or two months. (Note: Oldest cleaned up 80% of the mess last night. There weren't enough hours or storage boxes to get it all. He's still freaking he'll miss Code Lyoko and Digimon, so he's likely to get it cleaned up pronto.) *crosses fingers*

So there you have it. That was my Sunday. Not a speck of real writing. Someone break out the whip! I'm currenly at 5600 words (rounded down). I want to be at about 6500 by the end of today. I better get crackin'!

2 comments:

  1. LOL Too funy about oldest! The rain actually sounds wonderful, wish we had that up here. (Can you tell I love rain?) My ex-mother-in-law thought I was nuts because during a thunderstorm I would sit by the window and watch the lightening.

    Good luck writing!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the rain too, as long as it doesn't go on for several days. Then it just gets nasty outside. *lol* How's your NaNo going?

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.