Monday, November 13, 2006

Busy Week Ahead

Yesterday hubby and I spent most of the day trying to fix his computer. It's managed to land a virus, and for whatever reason Norton didn't take care of it. I spent half the day downloading stuff (on dial up!) to replace Norton and hopefully take out the virus, but as I went to install the new programs he began freaking out because it would replace Norton and we'd lose our subscription--which we still have 150 something days left of.

I'm thinking if we have a virus the darn thing didn't work anyway, and it's no big loss. My main concern is the pictures on the comp. I could care less about anything else. If it keels over tomorrow, that's fine with me, but did you burn down all my pics so we can send them off to be turned into prints? Serves me right not burning them down months ago. Anyway, I'm going to have to deal with that this week. The pictures and the virus.

I also have NaNo to work on, a website to finish building, and an upcoming interview. Lots on my plate this week. I hope to finish the website today, add another 5k to my pitiful 8k story, and merrily move along before I have to get into the Thanksgiving mode and start menu planning.

Now something fun for the day...

MY MONDAY FIVE THINGS

Five yummy things:

1. Pizza!
2. General Tso Chicken and Chinese green beans
3. Sonic Tater Tots and cheese
4. roast beef sandwich on sour dough bread
5. Angus mushroom swiss burgers - just the meat, no bread, with nothing but ketchup

Five songs I know by heart:

1. I Shot the Sherrif - Bob Marley
2. Black - Pearl Jam
3. Got Me Wrong - Alice in Chains
4. Black Hole Sun - Soundgarden
5. Magic Man - Heart

Five things I would do with a lot of money:

1. Never stop traveling
2. update my passport
3. invest 1/4 of all remaining funds
4. give house to parents
5. set up trust funds for both kids

Five places I would like to escape to:

1. Giant's Causeway - Ireland
2. Guatemala
3. Tulum
3. New Zealand
5. Spain

Five things I would never wear:

1. double knit
2. a headband
3. golf pants
4. socks with sandals
5. a bikini

Five favorite TV shows:

1. Battlestar Galactica
2. Heroes
3. Dr. Who
4. Eureeka
5. Two Stupid Dogs


Five things I enjoy doing:

1. making my kids laugh
2. writing
3. trying new things
4. traveling
5. reading

Five Favorite toys:

1. my computer
2. my Jeep
3. Magic 8 ball :P
4. Tarot cards
5. my cpk collection

If you stopped by and read this, consider yourself tagged! ^_^

9 comments:

  1. Dang it I read it all! But that was a fun list! :)

    Sorry about the virus. The photo thing is a biggie for us moms. My friend just went through this. Her computer died and she freaked cos of the pics. Luckily enough, they got it up and running...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Viruses suck! I hope that gets taken care of soon without losing too many important things!!!

    Great lists - enjoyed reading them :)

    Just wanted to pop in and say hi - I've missed hearing about you!!! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL What a way to side track someone! But, I was at a loss as to what to blog about. Good luck getting the computer back up and running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started burning my books to CDs when our PC started playing up. D'you know though, the last time it got a blue screen I didn't give a toss. Yet my unfinished work would have been lost as I hadn't updated my saves.

    A weird feeling, as years ago I would have cried at the loss of my work. Over 300 short stories reside in this PC, yet their possible loss didn't affect me.

    :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, Karen, the pics are a big thing for us moms. I have tons of pics of the kids that must be rescued this weekend. It's going to take several hours to sort through them all. Then off to the photo processors they all go. Oy vey, this is going to be expensive, turning all these into prints, but hubby and I know we'll be glad for it in the long run.

    Oh, and gotcha! Glad you liked the list. Hehehehe! Gotta be on your toes around here. *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Ann! It's great to see you!

    Yeah, those viruses suck... and they are the primary reason I won't let hubby use my laptop. *rofl* He's a magnet for computer disaster.

    Luckily it doesn't look like the computer's too bad off--we've dealt with far worse, it's just a matter of working on it that gives me the yucks. LOL

    Glad you like my lists, btw. It's been a while since I've popped in over at your blog. I'll fix that very soon. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad I could be of some help, Tara! LOL ^_^

    I went and read your lists. Only 1 toy?! You need a Magic 8 ball for your desk. I never used to give them much thought, but now that there's one by my computer... *_*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hear you, ME. I burned off all my books from hubby's computer a while back... months ago. Other than the pictures, I told hubby if the comp tanked, so be it. I've got a few unfinished bits and pieces of mss on there, but I'd just as soon dump those into the recycle bin. Nothing in there really worth saving on that comp. I tend to print everything of value, although I admit I store text snippets like a common packrat. I've learned by now though that everytime I save little bites like that, I end up never using them.

    So far no BSOD. Last blue screen I got was on the retired comp. That BSOD was terminal. I hate to say it, I hung onto that old beast as long as I could. Boy, I'm glad that's finished. And I don't even miss what I lost. I can't even remember half of what I had on there now. *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good list! I'm so doing this. At some point.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^