Thursday, October 12, 2006

Woohoo! Nice buns!

Tomorrow is release day for Wicked Temptation! I'm so psyched! The more time I spend with that book, the more I love it. Or maybe I have just grown to love sexy vampires. Who knows? ^_^

I posted an exclusive excerpt from the book over at the Midnight Moon Cafe this morning. I hope it shows up well. Blogger has been giving me fits since yesterday, and with the weather acting all cattywompus here, it's making it tough to log in and stay online.

For those that are interested, I will be attending the Friday, October 13th release day chat over at Cobblestone Press. The chat typically runs from 7-9 pm central standard time, and sometime during those hours, I will be giving away a free copy of Wicked Temptation to one lucky reader.

Now on to other things... Yesterday evening was very trying. It's funny to think of it now in retrospect, but I still wonder how I managed to make it through without pulling all my hair out. First, my mom brought me this huge bag of sweet potatoes. Hmm. Thanks, mom. You only cooked and cleaned for me for what? 15 years of my youth? You know I hate sweet potatoes! *rofl* In fact, everyone in my household hates them. Who am I supposed to feed them too? Well, I decided I'd try to trick the boys into eating them by baking them into pies. Okay. I called hubby on his way home from work, and told him to bring me two pie crusts from the store. I then set about making sweet potato pie... something I've never done before in my life.

I got the recipe online, which was easy enough. I baked two pies that turned out so damn gorgeous, and smelled so yummy I was actually tempted to try one. So I did. I took a fork, and dipped it in the pie. It was great! And then... the aftertaste!!

Bree-ack, snort, choke! The pie was FINE. The eggs I apparently used to make the pie WERE NOT! Thank goodness I tried the pie first. What would my kids have thought of me trying to pass that off to them? So basically, I spent an hour and a half baking pies for the dogs last night. Hm.

Another amusing things that happened last night: hubby thought it would be cute to bring Mini a tiny bucket of plastic animals. Just a little cheap thing he picked up from the gas station. And I do mean cheap. The label on top the bucket reads: "THE WORLD OF ANIMAL--Lovely and fun toys these are what you want!" ROFL! I saved the sticker and put in on my notebook.

Now for these cursed animal(s)...

You do not give toddlers tiny objects like jacks, or plastic, foot cutting animals and not expect some kind of recourse. My dining room became an almost instantaneous animal mine field. My hubby and Oldest never watch where they are going, so of course, they are complaining ten minutes later because they've managed to lodge a hyena between their toes! Ha! *karma* Well, I guess that makes me feel a little less dumb because of my lack of pie baking skills. Heh! ^_^ So there you have it. Some of my family's latest adventures!

Now that I've got all my blogging goofiness out of the way for this morning, it's time for the grand finale... this one's a fun one, so hold on to your hats!

I've been tagged by the fantastical, chicken-punting Wonderwoman Zinnia Hope!


Here are my answers: *drumroll, please!*

1) One book that changed your life: J.D. Salinger's A Catcher in the Rye. I put off reading it until I was an adult, and I regret I didn't experience it sooner.

2) One book that you’d read more than once: Watership Down, by Richard Adams. Hazel-Rah rocks my socks. I cried at the end. A wonderful book!

3) One book you’d want on a deserted island: A blank journal with endless pages.

4) One book that made you laugh: Derek's Bane, by Mary Janice Davidson. Her Wyndham Werewolves are a treat!


5) One book that made you cry: Far too many have made me cry; however, the one that sticks out in my mind is The Last Unicorn by Peter S. Beagle. It's one of the most beautiful books I've ever read.

6) One book you wish you’d written: The Dawn Star, by Stobie Piel. A beautiful, futuristic love story. Her characters are both haunting and memorable.

7) One book you wish had never been written: The book my grandmother wrote almost 15 years ago. It was about her life from her years growing up to after my grandfather died. It caused a major rift in the family that still has not quite healed.

8) One book you're currently reading: Dark Celebration, by Christine Feehan. Mmm, Carpathians... Must. Read. Feehan.

10) Tag five people: Alllllrighty, then! I'll tag Silma Pagan, Cassandra Curtis, Tara M. Leigh, Karen Ericksen, and Bella Tyler. Muahahahaha! *evil grin*


That's all for now! So go read my excerpt!

8 comments:

  1. I hate sweet potatoes! I hear ya on that one. Funny about the animals! LOL. I can't wait to read your book tomorrow! I love your stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stepping on toys is very very painful. I can attest to that!

    Sorry about the pie - rotten eggs will do it to you every time! LOL

    And damn you Cora Zane for tagging me! LOLOLOL

    I'll post my list this weekend. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here I was minding my own business, nodding along with you about HATING sweet potatoes, laughing at the fact you used bad eggs (something I have done) and BAM! I'm tagged...very very mean! LOL

    Now I know what I'm posting tomorrow!!!! Thanks!

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Shelli! I hope you like this one. It's a little different from my other books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Karen: Oy, the toys... this house always looks like a toy bomb went off. Thank goodness I sweep and mop rather than vacuum. (no carpets here) I don't think a vacuum cleaner could survive the surprise objects it might inhale on daily cleaning rounds.

    Ah... evil Cora. Tagger mission complete. Hehehehehe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROFL, Tara! I didn't mean to startle you with my tag, but I know my blog readers are far too smart to capture any other way. I feared someone coming to my page might see the tag coming from a mile away and flee. Can you see my dilemma? I had to carefully conceal it at the bottom of the post to insure the taggage. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. ...fantastical, chicken-punting Wonderwoman Zinnia Hope!

    HAHAHAHAHA!!! Gave me my good laugh for the day!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe! Glad I could help, Zinnia! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.