Thursday, October 05, 2006

What's In a Thursday?

First it's PMS, now I think I'm coming down with something. This morning I woke up with a runny nose and I've been sneezing right and left. I feel run down, like I could just sleep and sleep. Earlier in the day I called hubby and told him he might want to push for Friday off because I have writing to do, and I'm not sure my muses can last with Mini hanging on my legs and a cold coming on. When hubby calls in about thirty minutes, I should know one way or another. Whatever the outcome, I'm telling him to bring home chips and guacamole. I intend to take some vitamin C and veg out in front of the tv later on tonight. Anyone who gets in my way is TOAST.

On a brighter note, my mother called to talk to me about her burial plans. Yep, just what I need to hear when I'm not feeling well. I told her I didn't care what happens to me when that time comes, I am not against burial or cremation. After all, I'm not going to know the difference. I have told hubby on several occasions to do whatever we can afford at the time. My mother on the otherhand squawked like a chicken when I said the dreaded "c" word. She is staunchly against it. I have no idea why, and I'm not about to argue it with her. *sigh*

Some good news is I finished reading the ARC I've been putting off, and sent out the written review to my new review editor. *joy* The book turned out better than I thought it would. I would rather have read the book from the bad guy's perspective, though. I found him far more compelling that the hero. I did however enjoy the book, would certainly read that particular author again, and so I gave it a well deserved, shiny review.

Speaking of reviews, there has been some debate about them in the Rants and Raves section over in RD. I tend to fall in line with other published author's views regarding the matter. I'd be lying if I said I don't appreciate a good review. I do. And just like anything else, I have my favorite review sites, and those I don't frequent so much. The point is I do read my reviews, and the harsh ones can hurt--both emotionally and financially. Particularly when you take into consideration those reviews may or may not influence other people, and that ARCs are given out for free. With my first book, I gave out more copies than I sold, and have since slacked off of giving as many ARCs away to review sites and as prizes because of that very reason. Too, I think by way of promotion, people like tangible gifts like jewelry and candles better anyway. ^_^

That is also why I especially appreciate review sites like Ellis Reviews, and other places like it. They may not get as much notice, but they buy the books they are interested in, in order to review them. They get an extra special thumbs-up from me.

Enough soul sharing for me today. I'm stepping off my soap box. There are far more interesting things to read about. Have you checked out the awesome interview with L. Rosario over at the Midnight Moon Cafe? If you haven't read it yet, you should. You're missing out!

Final note: The painting is Mikhail Vrubel's The Seated Demon. Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww, getting sick so close to the weekend sucks! Hope you feel better!

    Gonna check out the review site and interview.

    With Love,
    Tara M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you're feeling better! Sucks to be sick, especially when little ones are hanging off the legs...

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi, hi! Comments are appreciated, and I will reciprocate as soon as I can. Friendly conversation is always welcome. Trolls will be set on fire and tossed into the bog of eternal stench. Have a happy day! ~.^

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.